Adele Thread

• Members

I love me some Adele. I don't know if I could listen to her voice over and over and over again an on album, though, which sounds horrible, I know, but it is what it is. I love her voice, but it's hard to explain.

"Rolling in the Deep" is my sh!t, though. I love the 60s-style background singers :wub: "Yuh gunna wish yew! Nevuh evuh met me!"

Edited by All My Shadows

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love, love, love her first album but haven't explored the second much yet. What I have heard is great, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad she's maintained her success and carved out a style that doesn't seem gimmicky, but organic. I like her a lot.

• Members

I think she's great, and it's a solid album. I'm not sure I think it's much better than 19, and I know it's stupid, but I find it kinda annoying how big she's now become in the US when that album seemed to be ignored there. And I find the album kinda samey--by the end I start to get tired of it, and I'd love to hear her do some different stuff (no, I don't mean by that Kylie pop :P )

• Members

19 produced chasing pavements, and you could not escape that song for a solid year. She did a lot more press in the us for 21, and i think that has added to why it has done so well. Plus, its her second album, it isnt like shes had 9 albums and is all of the audden blowing up in the us.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It took me awhile, but I finally purchased 21! (I already listened to such songs as "Turning Tables", "Rolling in the Deep", and "Set Fire to Rain", exercising an unbelievable amount of discipline from looking up more of the album online.)

I love the track "He Won't Go", a track not mentioned in this thread. Overall the album is great, not able to match 19, but a wonderful follow up album. Adele's cover of "Love Song" is dreamy, to put it simply. "Rumour Has It" has a catchy beat to it, and goes back to Adele's bluesy/R&B roots.

• Members

Adele's Rolling In The Deep has topped the Billboard Hot 100! It also topped the Billboard Digital Sales chart. 21 is also #1 on the Billboard 200 Album chart for a 7th non-consecutive week. 2011 is becoming the year of Adele. It will be interesting to see when Gaga's "Born This Way" drops in a week or two to see if that spurns any of her momentum. I think its shaping up to be an interesting battle between the two for the rest of the year.

• 4 months later...