Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

Wasn't Virgina Dwyer--Mary Matthews on AW--supposedly a total bitch whom NOBODY liked? Also, Paul Rauch and Louise Sorel did not get along on OLTL, though weren't they having an affair that went south? And supposedly Kathy Glass was quite the diva on OLTL and did not get along with her costars. Oh and on Dark Shadows, Roger Davis was supposedly a crass misogynist who was loathed by most of his female co-stars. Joan Bennett said some nasty things about him in her autobiography and Kathryn Leigh Scott, who was supposed to be paired with Davis after the Vicki recasts tanked, threatened to quit rather than be paired romantically with Davis. She got her way.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus, who didn't Colleen Zenk not get along with, lol?

Yep.

For the longest time, though, I thought it was Robin Strasser who had had the affair with Rauch. Imagine my relief when I found that not to be the case. LOL!

• Members

Bryggman was always such a sour puss, always thumbing his nose at the genre that made John Dixon a household name among fans. The only nice things I ever remember him saying in print were compliments for Don McLaughlin, Helen Wagner and Henderson Forsythe as being total pros. Other than that, he always came off as negative.

• Members

LOL I forgot that one. I think he actually said something to the effect that "I hated that woman." LOL. She must've been quite the diva on the set. Was she always the super-diva, including her first round with the show in the 70s? There were some fierce women on that show in the 70s--Dickson, Jamie Lynn Bauer, Janice Lynde, Vicki Mallory, Jeanne Cooper. Wonder if they all got along?

• Members

I remember rumors that Cooper and Dickson didnt get along. Then at the Soap Opera Digest Awards ...Brenda won for Villian... she and Cooper seemed really chummy....I think she thanked WJB for letting her play a super bitch....lol

Archived