Soap Opera Feuds

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think we've done this one already, but some of the more famous ones are Peter Bergman vs. Eric Braeden, Hunter Tylo vs. Kimberlin Brown, James Kiberd vs. Kate Collins, Susan Lucci vs. Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Keith Hamilton Cobb vs. Sydney Penny. Also, I believe there was no love lost between Erika Slezak and Clint Ritchie. Also, supposedly Colleen Zenk Pinter and Benjamin Hendrickson had a prickly relationship at first, and there was some major animosity between her and Margaret Reed I believe. Bev McKinsey and Michael Zaslow supposedly loathed one another, and Nicholas Coster has stated that he very much disliked working with LaBev. Grant Aleksander and Judi Evans also did not get along at all. Tony Geary did not get along with HW Richard Culliton years ago and allegedly punched him. Leslie Charleson did not like Chris Robinson. I can imagine that some vets over at GL resented Kim Zimmer for hijacking the show for years. Supposedly Marie Cheatham didn't have many friends at Search. Oh, then there's the Susan Seaforth Hayes-Brenda Benet thing shortly before Benet's suicide. Funny how in so many of these "feuds," the actors had tons of on-screen chemistry.

• Members

Forgot where I read it, but they did not get along. Here's a snippet from some interview she gave. This is pretty tame. I think any animosity may have been more on Aleksander's side than Evans'.

"Evans is diplomatic on the subject of working on GL with Aleksander: "Grant Aleksander and I are very different. Very different personalities. I don't know about him, but I was very young at the time and didn't know how to speak my mind as well as I do now."

• Members

I remember reading something about that too. I think it boiled down to GA being a punk and making JE cry.

I don't think he and Beth Ehlers got along either. At some point, Beth Chamberlain was dragged into rumors he didn't treat any of his leading ladies well, and she defended him.

• Members

Probably b/c, he didn't get along w/ John Conboy.

Supposedly, Kathryn Hays (ex-Kim) and Larry Bryggman (ex-John, AS THE WORLD TURNS) did not enjoy working together at first.

Also, I imagine that if Grant Aleksander and Judi Evans were to work together again today, they'd let bygones be bygones. I mean, people can change, right?

• Members

Colleen Zenk and Hillary Bailey Smith...

Supposedly Hillary was a prankster and Colleen was all professional. I think they just had different personalities and thus the rift... I flove both ladies It made for some great scenes between the two outstanding actress.

Archived