Hotel Cæsar

MKA

• Members

Juni had been gone since last February, but then she had only been back for about two months after another two-month break, so she has been away a lot this past year. At least I feel that way, since Juni is my favourite character on the show. She has been on the show since its inception in 1998, but with a few breaks here and there, so it's good to have her back. And now she is a quite different character than before - she is more "evil" than ever before. She is not the "good old grandmother" you perhaps would expect having seen her development in recent years. She knows what she wants, and she will get it no matter what - and I love it!

Yep, Jens August has pretty dark hair these days. Much like back in 2009 when he was a part of the team of the "Anker-Hansen arch enemy", Cathrine Hove, and her competing hotel chain Black Diamond.

Jens_August%2C_sesong_26.jpg
You see? Black Diamond = black hair. Of course! wink.png

I don't know why he has so black hair again now. It may be because he now is back being a person twisting everyone around his little finger without them realizing that it happens, after being a bit low for a period after he caused the Anker-Hansen company's bankruptcy before Christmas.

How much do you know about Hotel Cæsar, DRW50? smile.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hotel Cæsar celebrates its 15th anniversary!

1383155_10151658658796333_925504284_n.jp

Second row from left: Nils Vogt (Arnfinn Lycke, 2011-), Kim Kolstad (Jens August Anker-Hansen, 1998-), first row from left: Rudy Claes (Eva Rosenkrantz, 2004-), Nikis Theophilakis (Pelle Krogstad, 2006-) og Anette Hoff (Juni Anker-Hansen, 1998-). Photo: Hotel Cæsar

1375243_10151671542941333_228118115_n.jp

From left: Evy Kasseth Røsten (Mie Andersen, 2013-), Rudy Claes (Eva Rosenkrantz, 2004-), Anette Hoff (Juni Anker-Hansen, 1998-), Toralv Maurstad (Georg Anker-Hansen, 1998-1999), Kim Kolstad (Jens August Anker-Hansen, 1998-), Beate Eriksen (Ingrid Iversen, 1998-2000) and Marte Sæteren (Vanessa Nyman, 2011-). Photo: Hotel Cæsar

VMan-P763637_680x383.jpg

"The whole gang" together: Many of the actors who have played in the series over the years.

Here is the promo, marking the anniversary of Scandinavia's longest running drama series!

Please press the CC button to the right below the video for English subtitles. smile.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

New promos - leading up to the season finale! (I'm a bit behind on uploading subtitles to the promos, so they're coming a bit late, unfortunately)

Please press the CC button to the right below the video for English subtitles. smile.png

• Members

New promos - for the season finale!

Hotel Cæsar is currently on Christmas break, and will return at 6th January 2014. The show has released a 2 min. preview of the spring season; I'll sub it some time soon and then post it here. I think the spring season is going to be rather good!

Please press the CC button to the right below the video for English subtitles.

The full shooting scene from the season finale (without subs):

• Members

Thought I'd share some photos from the production's Christmas party a few weeks ago:

819b07fc7e7f279f7a7c782ca8111ad1.jpg?t%5

From left: Nils Vogt (Arnfinn Lycke), unknown (new character), Anette Hoff (Juni Anker-Hansen), Torgeir Reiten (Edvin Holte), Hilde Erichsen (Hanne Dahle), Assad Siddique (Harshad Kapoor), Evy Kasseth Røsten (Mie Andersen), Kenneth Åkerland Berg (Albert Lunde), Kim-Daniel Sannes (Storm Liland Anker-Hansen), Anne Kokkinn (Birte «Bitten» Lillevik), Camilla Aanonli (Jenny Augusta Anker-Hansen), Rudy Claes (Eva Rosenkrantz), Kim Kolstad (Jens August Anker-Hansen), Nikis Theophilakis (Pelle Krogstad) and Svein Østvik (Bingo-Bjørn).

1ba6c852c67bba00061a7ab94d05c54c.jpg?t%5

Nils Vogt (Arnfinn) and Anne Kokkinn (Bitten). Things will "heat up" between Arnfinn and Bitten in the new season...

4a9324031e60f286befa88e9898a98c3.jpg?t%5

Kenneth Åkerland Berg (Albert) and Evy Kasseth Røsten (Mie). For how long will they stay on the show? Some things indicate that both leaves the show, while others indicate that both stays on the show. It's actually hard to tell if they both will stay on the show, if one will leave the show while the other one stays on the show or if they both will leave the show.

1e73ac44b32ced256596123c19ad52f0.jpg?t%5

Show runner Arne Berggren and Nikis Theophilakis (Pelle).

d45cbd8ab4aba319f9cf3b59dab100bb.jpg?t%5

Svein «Charter-Svein» Østvik, famous from the Norwegian "docu-soap" Charterfeber, will join the show as "Bingo-Bjørn" in April. I don't know if I should be happy or terrified of it...

bef817d6b6010a01b01447bde27af24a.jpg?t%5

Rudy Claes (Eva), Camilla Aanonli (Jenny) and Anette Hoff (Juni). Both the Rosenkrantz and the Anker-Hansen family is represented here, and they'll apparently both have it pretty rough the next season. As the show runner Berggren puts it: "It will be an intense period for the Anker-Hansen [and Rosenkrantz] family - now they're threatened from the inside."

ec0db976681a0b2279a998903232b6d8.jpg?t%5

Kim-Daniel Sannes (Storm) - will he survive the shooting? Of course he does - we've known that for over a month already... But he'll still be much away from the show in 2014, due to his participation in Skal vi danse, the Norwegian version of Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars, where he ended in 2nd place.

4dec1d1e8df6decad2f26a3084740b42.jpg?t%5

Kim Kolstad (Jens August) and Torgeir Reiten (Edvin) - it is with these two characters most of the drama will unfold in 2014! Edvin is the "threat from the inside" as Berggren talked about. This is going to be exciting!

Source and copyright: http://www.vg.no/bildespesial/spesial.php?id=11110

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Oh, I see I haven't made an update here in ages - I'll try to make an update soon, but I might not have time to do that until after my exams in December, since it's quit a lot that has happened on the show since January. But what I'll tell you right now is that TV 2, the channel broadcasting Hotel Cæsar, two weeks ago announced a pause in the filming of Hotel Cæsar from next February - due to the "long gap between filming and airing of episodes". It's actually true, they're almost a year in advance now and I agree that's a bit too much. But the scarry thing about this is that the ratings have dropped slightly over the past years, and we all know what a pause in the filming may lead to in the end - see what happened to British Heartbeat and The Royal.

In addition, the production company's contract with TV 2 ends in early 2016, but TV 2 have the option of stopping the production prior to this, making the production stop six months after they decision (which I suppose they've used in this case). They keep saying that we're not to worry, even though TV 2 also states that "there is no automatic in what's on TV 2 from year to year". They also states that they had a pause in the filming eary in the 2000s, which is true, and the show did start filming again six months or so later back then - but some rumours will have it that TV 2 originally had planned to cut the show back then, but since the ratings improved they decided to continue airing the show. However, this has never been confirmed by TV 2, but it seems rather likely. In addition to TV 2's original statement, a national newspaper today has published an article with "rumours" in the industry, stating that TV 2 has decided to make next year the last year of Hotel Cæsar. Again, TV 2 has not confirmed this information, but they're not likely to do so until at least some time next spring, when they'll decide what shows to order for 2016. And I guess they won't release they decision too early, to avoid people not starting to watch the show when they know "the end is near".

Of course, me and the rest of the fans realize that everything must come to an end some time, but we don't like TV 2 making this decision now or at latest next spring; the show got a new (script) producer, Marie Hafting, back in January (or, she started for real now in August, after the production's summer break, I guess she had some time working along with the old script producer in the Spring), and her episodes will start airing shortly after Easter next year. Hence, TV 2 is likely to make the decision to "pull the plug" or not before the new producer's episodes has even started to air on TV, and both me and the rest of the hardcore fans believes that her new line for the show is likely to attract more people to the show and increase the ratings. We therefore asks TV 2 to not pull the plug for Hotel Cæsar already early next year, and at least wait until later next year - and hopefully renew the contract for some more years.

I therefore hope that as many as possible of you guys here on the forum can "like" this Facebook page, stating that we don't want TV 2 to end Hotel Cæsar in 2016: https://www.facebook.com/Neitilnedleggelseavhc Thanks!

• Members

Do you have a tumblr? Are there any fans of the show on there? They might be able to help spread the word.

There's also the Gays of Daytime site. A few people are still there, although the thread is dead. If you want me to post your message there I will, if I can remember my old account and password.

http://gaydaytime.proboards.com/thread/1269/hotel-sar-norwegian-series?page=14

Archived