The Nicki Minaj Thread

Mr. Vixen

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't like her, she's a liar and a fake. She's going to be 30 yrs old this year still acting and rapping like she Willow Smith age. Nicki, I saw the police report when you got hit in the face with a suitcase by your boyfriend/hypeman.

Nicki been coming at Kim since 2003, Nicki got Kim on the brain still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The album is out. I think I'll be buying it but I'm getting the standard edition. It seems stupid to charge 3 dollars more for the deluxe edition which includes only 2 extra songs. This student needs to economize :lol:

• Members

That cracks me up. Stupid Hoe that is.

Her new album is estimated to sell 235,000 in its first week landing her at #1.

What's the issue with her? I mean where is the backlash coming from (I've been reading some of her interviews and some threads on music sites and there's a lot of cursing from her and a lot of cursing from fans)?

• Members

Many fans have turned against her for "going pop."

Starships and her collaborations with David Guetta (not to mention collaborating with the Queen of Pop herself - Madonna) have been big in the club scene, crossed over to top 40 radio, and have made her successful in Europe.

Many feel this is a blatant attempt by her to crossover more widely, thus alienating her core hardcore hip-hop fans.

• Members

Thats part of her appeal. The wigs and outfits are part of her shtick. Its what her fans come to expect and she gives it to him. Im not sure if she can come out "regular". She probably has people in her camp telling her she needs to keep doing it to stand out.

• Members

Basically. This is going to hurt in the long run bc Pop doesn't have the stability that the Urban fanbase does. I was expecting at least 400-500k for the first week but the album is too pop for urban audiences and too urban for pop audiences.

• Members

Thanks everybody for the answers.

I didn't really know who Nicki Minaj was until the Ellen show and the two kids who sing her Superbass song. Ellen got her on the show to surprise the kids. I had heard every artist praising her at a MTV Music Awards a little before that but still had no idea who she was other than a name in a crowd.

I'm reading about the Lil Kim/Minaj fued now. That is sort of fun in a VH1 "reality television" way, but it's also kind of sad.

Archived