2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

AMC Writer IN - Dave Ryan (on trial - scripts)

I just don't understand why Frons has decided to keep them when AMC has been last in demos for the past year. I guess they will be AMC's last HWs.

• Administrator

But there's so many out of work director and Albert is the busiest director in daytime. I just don't understand it. LOL And they already have Habib Azar and Conal O'Brien freelancing.

I think she's just being promoted to Producer.

• Members

Why bother with a trial period? It's not like AMC has any standards when it comes to their scripts. Michael Cinquemani and Kimberly Hamilton weren't any worse than the contract scriptwriters they weren't deemed good enough to join.

If Frons kept D&D because AMC is about to be canceled and so there is no point in a regime change he should have gotten rid of them anyways. Let Lorraine and Addie write the end. D&D won't even come close to doing it justice. The final scene will probably be Caleb and Asher.

Frons has fired AMC's headwriters before without having a replacement ready. If he was going to get rid of them he would have gotten rid of them.

• Members

Are David and Donna a package deal? I'm probably in the minority, but I think David has some fresh ideas. It's Donna whom I've never liked. IMO her work has always been subpar and so unimaginative. Some people laud her AW tenure, but don't forget, for some of the time she worked off Lemay's bible. Her own stuff was just horrible I thought. That Beauty & the Beast knockoff?...Don't get me started.

• Members

For the most part I have enjoyed K&S tenure on AMC. I don't think they deserve the backlash they are getting from their previous writing gigs that were subpar. But I do think whomever is responsible for this current storyline with Kendall and Zach's death needs to be fired. But maybe I am being to harsh. I only really starting hating it when JHB & BE wrote 2 or 3 scripts in a row last week. So maybe it's their fault.

• Members

I thought their OLTL tenure was uneven and while some of the camp was clearly Tomlin, their last months on the show got uglier and darker and more centered around stuff like drug rape, which gave me bad flashbacks of Broderick's AMC tenure. I remember at the time they were replaced I was hoping for less of the ugliness - only to get even worse...

• Members

I think with Broderick at least, it was a case of her style not really gelling with the show. She gets AMC. She was schooled there. AMC (as are all the shows) is obviously in its sunset years. Why not try to get her back and let her finish the show, whether it be next year, the year after, or the year after that, with dignity instead of going through writer after writer who doesn't understand the show.

Archived