Basketball Wives on VH1

Cheap21

• Members

Anyone watching this reality show on VH1? Its like Real Housewives but focuses exclusively on wives and former girlfriends of NBA players. The cast is based around Miami. Its currently in its 2nd season and a guilty pleasure. Just caught up with the first 2 episodes and this season looks to be even better than last.

I cant stand Suzie. Im so glad Evelyn is done with her and realizes what a snake she is. For most of last season she would instigate drama but now she's at the center of it. I wish she would have been dropped but at least she's been kicked out of the circle

I also hate Gloria. She talked so much sh-t last season and said she wouldn't be on this season and acted like she was too good for it, yet her she is appearing on the show. Next week's confrontation looks good and I hope the ladies call her out on her crap

My favorite is Royce. She got a bad rap before but she's not that bad a person. I also love Shaunie and now she carries herself. I have no use for Jennifer. She comes across very insecure and pathetic at times. I dont get that she's in love with her husband and doesnt want to be married to him. I think its more about her not wanting to get divorced that keeps her there.

But of course one of the best new additions this time around is Tami from the Real World. Based on the previews, girl is gonna get ghetto on the other women and it looks as if she hasnt changed much as she is still bringing the drama. Should be fun

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I saw a clip on AOL with Tami crying because her ex finally apologized. Admittedly, I kinda judged her and thought, "Of COURSE Tami nabbed herself a basketball player. :rolleyes: $$$" It's been a lot of years so maybe it's time to give her a second chance but man I could not STAND her and Beth and Irene on TRW during and after that whole David-drags-her-in-her-panties thing. "It WASN'T! NOT! FUNNY!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It came back last week and did not dissapoint! I didnt expect to see Shaunie be so nasty and bitchy. That was a shock bc she stayed out of the drama last season btu she took her claws out now. Gloria deserved them ganging up on her though bc she's still a stank bitch. Love Royce for setting this all up...lol

As much as I dislike Suzie and dont mind seeing her being crapped on, Evelyn needs to move on already. She looks stupid threatening to beat Suzie's ass everytime she sees her. She doesnt have to be her friend, but she does needs to start acting civil around her, especially in public. The way she carried herself at Royce's lunch meeting was appaling.

I dont know if I should feel sorry for Jennifer or sick with her. She tells Eric that maybe its time they end their marriage and go their seperate ways and he tells her fine, go get a lawyer and she can keep the house they were in bc he doesnt want it. She then tells him, no, bc they need time to tink and work things out. I knew she wasnt going to do anything. She just wanted to see his reaction and he didnt beg her to stay. He was ready to throw her out, yet she stayed

No Tami this show but she is on next and looks to get into a fight

P.S. I had no idea there was a spinoff called Football Wives. I watched it all during the 2 week break. Man I hate that they had this bc I still had hope that the UK soap would eventaully make its way over here. I guess they could call it Footballers Wives like the original and not Football Wives like the failed pilot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dang, Tami is straight up GHETTO! Anyone see the food stamp fight? That was crazy! VH1 has the clip up here

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/610950/food-stamp-fight.jhtml

"Somewhere along the line, I felt like I heard the word bitch?"

Tami: "Did you just call me, bitch?"

Tami: "Booji bitch. Im gonna get some f--kin t-shirts that say booji ass bitch"

LMAO! She's a drunken ghetto mess

Edited by Cheap21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The season finale was this week and OMG. Evelyne is one foul ass bitch. Team Tami! I was shocked when Evelyn revealed the secret that she dated and slept with Tami's ex husband for 6 months, while they were married. I was on Tami's side for wanting to kick her ass especially when she said Tami was a non-factor and called her a bitch. Ev is so shady and doesnt even realize or rather not care for what she did

• Members

Wow I never watch this show, but just stumbled into this thread - and WOW I'm so sad for Tami and how she turned out. She has gained weight, has alcohol problems, looks like she might have done drugs, and lost all credibility from her Real World days. SAD!

Of course I'm just basing this off what I saw from the Food Stamps video. haha

• Members

OMG, If you guys didbnt see the reunion, you need to check it out bc it was GOOD! Prbably oen of the best reunions of any reality show. The women were not holding back. I loved when

Tami said: "At this moment, I have to honestly say, I dont know if I can be in her space"

Ev: "And at this moment, I vsn say that I really dont give a sh-t"

Tami: "So then I dont have to tell you that I f--ked Chad" (Ochocinco, Ev's fiance)

OUCH! That was SUCH a great moment

Check out the episode here: http://www.vh1.com/video/basketball-wives-2/full-episodes/reunion-part-1/1659523/playlist.jhtml

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I looked at at the season finale from the links and BW is a great show. All the dynamics are there so I'm surprised it's so low key. I wonder if the show was on BRAVO if it would have done better ratings wise. Some of the zingers were hilarious but dang, Evelyn is ghe-tto! She's a skanky hood rat and she ain't all that either. She just looks nasty. I think Royce is really pretty and so is Jennifer. I love her weave. She needs to hook me up with her stylist. Tami cleaned up really well. During the clips she looked broke and tore up but in the finale she looked cute. And Shaunie seems so reserved especially being the creator(?) of the show. TMZ reported they were looking to replace Royce with Chris Bosch's girlfriend, lol. I like Royce so I'm glad she stayed.

Cheap, when does the next season debut?