Felicity

JackPeyton

• Members

Correct. All of a sudden this bottom-of-the-barrel show called Star Trek is an epic masterpiece of TV writing. Pfff. It was utter trash. Not that I'm a fan of the film, I was all rather indifferent, but it is worth reminding that Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci wrote the script.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not surprised. Many agree with you, yet Orci & Kurtzman don't give a damn, given that they're all over the place, with Fringe, Hawaii Five-0, Locke & Key, Cowboys and Aliens etc., I am just fascinated at how much hate and negativity you are able to pour over something completely irrelevant as a movie. And hold a grudge against it for the rest of your life. I mean, Downton Abbey is crap because, in your view, a character ended being an evil gay stereotype. I mean, seriously?!

Anyway, onto Felicity...

• Members

Bleh - Hawaii 5-0? That explains a lot.

I don't think Downton Abbey is crap, I just think that it was lazy to make a potentially interesting character into the usual evil gay. Downton Abbey is alright for what it pertains to be - a generic costume drama. If you think I had any complaints you should listen to those who get upset because they use the wrong year of sheet music.

As for Felicity - the only other thing I can remember is when someone dressed as a Pink Power Ranger for Halloween.

I thought all the WB shows were so formulaic and ossified, but I do miss them compared to a lot of the trash aimed at younger audiences today.

• Members

Listening to the commentary it sounds like he was very involved in seasons 1-3, and only slightly less in season 4 due to Alias, but still rather involved.

Honestly, it seems like they are inly really great when working together. I mean, Thirtysomething, MSCL, and Once & Again were all fantastic.

Listening to the commentary they all really talk about all the network interference with what they could and couldnt do.

• Members

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ede5S8iSSKY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ede5S8iSSKY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ede5S8iSSKY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I gave up on this show when they had her dump Noel and refocus on Scott Speedman. I just couldn't buy that relationship as healthy in any way, and I was in high school at the time so that should tell you something.

But I thought Keri Russell was wonderful. And I think she's far better now on The Americans.

Archived