High Hopes

DRW50

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for this article. What an interesting aspect. She has such an interesting outlook on her character's personality. In other articles, Nuala Fitzgerald is said to be one of the show's strongest actress. I can see why. She really seems to be into her role.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Well Wikipedia says she filed suit against 20th Century. I can't remember now, so don't take it from me, but the TV magazines of the day I think talked some about a custody battle, or she was arrested. They basically painted her as being some type of mess, complete with various despondent photos.

I didn't know she was asked to replace Barbara Bel Geddes as Miss Ellie.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Interesting, Sabina Maydelle is listed as playing 'the doctor's former sister-in-law, and leader of the local jet set." This is Paula Myles, the role Nuala Fitzgerald ended up playing. It seems she dropped out pretty late in the game. As I said earlier in the thread, I saw the pilot at the Paley Center and Fitzgerald had a cast on her foot or her arm.

It's also funny that 'Roots' and 'Rich Man, Poor Man' are listed. In another article I was reading on 'Executive Suite,' these miniseries were listed as the reason for the rebirth of the primetime serial.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived