Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R: Old Articles

DRW50

• Members
1 hour ago, asafi said:

I Loved Brenda!!! she was a beautiful and sensitive Ashley, had great chemistry with many actors and this story was indeed powerful.. are there any more scenes from her last episodes, from Blade's death and her finding our the truth? in English, not in German

I recently added some Decemeber 1995 episodes around the time of Blade's funeral in the vault. 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
9 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Have we listed Robin Amos as  writer during the Bill Bell era?

I came across the name in a July 1980 script. He/she also wrote for SFT and GL in the 80's but that is all I could find.

Not that I know of. Here is the writers thread Mikelyons started last year

• Members
42 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

Thanks for that. I had completely forgotten about that thread. I knew writers had been discussed in some detail but thought it was buried deep pages back in this thread. Will add it over there.

Yeah I just added a couple people as well. Be good to keep it all in one place so it is an easier reference than going through 700 pages here, haha. So I might just make sure I keep a link to it handy

• Members
46 minutes ago, brynandmaddie1998 said:

Does anyone know who played the character of Danielle in the late 2001/2002 era? She started out having a thing with JT but then moved on to Billy when he & Mack broke up. She's nowhere to be found on rolling credits and I am curious as to who played her. 

The actress name is Ashleigh Olden and she did play Danielle Jorgensen for a good while there from 2001-02. She was kind of brief replacement for Rianna’s character if I recall right. See the link below: 

• Members

2012, the last year of classic scores I believe. If there was any good thing to come out of this time period, it was the reveal that Phyllis ran over Paul and Chris I '94.

Phyliss confronts Daisy about raping Daniel and conceiving their child. Pot calling the kettle black here. 

Did the writers realize they basically copy and pasted Sheila and Scott into the early Phyliss/Danny/Cricket years, lol. Regardless I think early unhinged Phyliss were the characters best years, especially up until Susan Walters left as Diane. 

At what point did they decide to relatively normalize Phyllis? I suppose when Michelle Stafford returned in 2000?

Edited by ironlion

• Members
On 9/9/2021 at 11:26 AM, DjPisces89 said:

I have binge watched all of 2003 aside from the Kay/Jill mother daughter storyline 2003 was insanely good from Sharon leaving town, Cassie falling into the lake to Victor and Michael committing commercial bribery causing Ashley’s accident and mental breakdown. Nick turning Victor in to the authorities behind his back how I wished I watched this when it aired. 

I do agree when people say 2003 was the last classic year of y&r although 2004 and 2005 were still interesting 

2003 was Y&R at its apex and probably the genre too

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Greg Wrangler (Ex-Steve Y&R) and various other soaps (Edge, GL, B&B, AMC etc...) in a 1980/81 Three Musketeers ad. He became famous for the Folgers Christmas commercial as Peter that ran for decades starting in 1986.

• Members

American Top 40 for week of 12/18/76
https://www.mixcloud.com/MossMusic70s/that-70s-show-december-eighteenth-nineteen-seventy-six/

Nadia’s Theme (aka the Young and the Restless theme) is #8 on the chart

at 1hr57m: Casey Kasem talks about how the songwriter, Perry Botkin Jr, credits his agent with lobbying the record company to release the song as a single, after his agent heard it during the ’76 Olympics.

Why doesn’t Casey mention that Nadia’s theme is also the YR theme?

• Members
2 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

American Top 40 for week of 12/18/76
https://www.mixcloud.com/MossMusic70s/that-70s-show-december-eighteenth-nineteen-seventy-six/

Nadia’s Theme (aka the Young and the Restless theme) is #8 on the chart

at 1hr57m: Casey Kasem talks about how the songwriter, Perry Botkin Jr, credits his agent with lobbying the record company to release the song as a single, after his agent heard it during the ’76 Olympics.

Why doesn’t Casey mention that Nadia’s theme is also the YR theme?

Odd  a glaring omission like that would sadly be done today where soaps are “dying” but back then I’d figured they want to add the face that’s also the Y&R theme.