• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Does anyone have these episodes? Got the air date incorrect on the one that was uploaded by the angel. My bad

September 22, 2008

September 23, 2008

February 22, 2016

Edited by fivethej

• Members
10 hours ago, fivethej said:

Does anyone have these episodes? Got the air date incorrect on the one that was uploaded by the angel. My bad

September 22, 2008

September 23, 2008

February 22, 2016

I will upload them

• Members

A date problem:

2000-02-11 is the same episode as 2000-02-10 in the vault.

Soap Central has the same recap for these days.

RR has it as 11th and 2000-02-09 as 10th, Imdb the same

What do we do?

• Members
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bundy1965 said:

I will upload them

Do you have these? Sorry, I hate to bother you.

February 9, 2016

June 29, 2007

Thank You for uploading those ones!!

Edited by fivethej

• Members

I rarely go back to the post 2000 episodes, but I saw there’s lots of 2004 in the vault and I wanted to revisit Joan Van Ark’s Gloria so I’ve been binging. I know many don’t consider this to be the best, but I think it was Y&R’s last great year and it holds up well.

2004 doesn’t seem that far away, but when you look at the level of production values it seems as far away as the 80s or 90s episodes. I find it hard to believe this is even the same show. The endless sets, the size of these sets, the lighting, the diversity of sets and locations in each episode. The direction is sharper, the clothing and hair is better. Everybody doesn’t interact so you can tell the class level of the different groups. All of the personality has been drained from this show. 

It’s striking to see how vibrate the characters that are still on are here. The Newman’s before Adam destroyed that family, a normal Abbott family with Brad and Mamie still included, the Winters family. Great supporting characters like Larry Wharton and Grace. Actual teens with story. 

I literally wanted to see a couple glimpses of Joan Van Ark and wasn’t expecting episodes from 2004 to make me so nostalgic. And for the record she still remains the superior Gloria. They should’ve offered her the rehearsal time and limited schedule she needed. The entire Baldwin-Fisher family unit is so much more likable as outsiders with a dark edge. Greg Rikaart is just electric in these scenes!

• Members
19 hours ago, Bundy1965 said:

A date problem:

2000-02-11 is the same episode as 2000-02-10 in the vault.

Soap Central has the same recap for these days.

RR has it as 11th and 2000-02-09 as 10th, Imdb the same

What do we do?

I think they are really the 10th and 11th, because that's how they are listed on archive.org.

We have another conflict, the uploads the vault for 2001-08-08 and 2001-08-09 are the same.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Speaking of mis-dated episodes...

I am currently watching Feb 3 '95 on @YRfan23 's playlist: 

but in the vault is also a ep labeled 2-3-95, and it's a different ep, with only 16 minutes.

I'm guessing the vault version is a later ep than Feb 3. Anyone know the actual date?

ETA: Ah, in comparing YRFan23's version of 2-13-95, I think the vault version labeled 2-3-95 is actually 2-13-95. Can someone who has access update the date?

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members
2 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

Speaking of mis-dated episodes...

I am currently watching Feb 3 '95 on @YRfan23 's playlist: 

but in the vault is also a ep labeled 2-3-95, and it's a different ep, with only 16 minutes.

I'm guessing the vault version is a later ep than Feb 3. Anyone know the actual date?

ETA: Ah, in comparing YRFan23's version of 2-13-95, I think the vault version labeled 2-3-95 is actually 2-13-95. Can someone who has access update the date?

I had know idea someone mislabeled that date. I thought for a second 2/3/95 wasn’t the right date and I almost panicked!  

looks like the two are just mixed up, I will switch it in a bit!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
23 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

I had know idea someone mislabeled that date. I thought for a second 2/3/95 wasn’t the right date and I almost panicked!  

Thanks as always!! PS do you have the original 2/3/95, with the audio not muted in Matt and Amy's scene, that you could upload to the Vault? It looks like a juicy scene, plus I'm curious what song you had to mute in order to not get a Youtube strike

• Members
26 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Thanks as always!! PS do you have the original 2/3/95, with the audio not muted in Matt and Amy's scene, that you could upload to the Vault? It looks like a juicy scene, plus I'm curious what song you had to mute in order to not get a Youtube strike

It looks like someone is in the process of reorganizing those two dates because they just got deleted?? The Song was "Only wanna be with you" by Hootie and the Blowfish!

• Members
14 hours ago, Chris B said:

2004 doesn’t seem that far away, but when you look at the level of production values it seems as far away as the 80s or 90s episodes. I find it hard to believe this is even the same show. The endless sets, the size of these sets, the lighting, the diversity of sets and locations in each episode. The direction is sharper, the clothing and hair is better. Everybody doesn’t interact so you can tell the class level of the different groups. All of the personality has been drained from this show. 

That's how I felt during the classic episodes last summer. My favorite look and feel is that classic 90s old Hollywood throwback style, but that wouldn't work today. Early 2000s Y&R still looked like Y&R while being modernized, and could work today with some tweaking.

9 hours ago, Bundy1965 said:

2001-08-09 is correct. I deleted 2001-08-08.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

I think I fixed it, but can you check?