Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R: Old Articles

DRW50

• Members
1 hour ago, Broderick said:

Aaron was her doorman. 

As soon as I saw that it came back to me. What surprises me is that Aaron appeared as he could just as easily been a voice on the other end of the line or no voice at all with Lorie having a one way chat.

Maybe there was more to the scene,perhaps Lorie didn't want to see Lucas and Aaron was more involved.

At least Lorie had a doorman. Now people just turn up anywhere.

36 minutes ago, SoapDope said:

I always wondered why Bill Bell had Lucas talk like the guys on 70's Mod Squad " Lorie I have something heavy to lay on you, real heavy".

Lucas was not alone. Snapper was also a fan of that type of dialogue. As were a few others.

I think Bill liked that pyschological trippy LA type speak.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

What surprises me is that Aaron appeared as he could just as easily been a voice on the other end of the line or no voice at all with Lorie having a one way chat.

Maybe there was more to the scene.  

But remember how big the BUDGET was back then.  Aaron probably was literally an Under Five in that episode.  

No doubt Lorie is sauntering around (braless) in a $10,000 low-cut blouse from Giorgio's of Beverly Hills.   She's posing and preening and sighing heavily, displaying the expensive blouse in each long shot, and she takes the opportunity to jiggle her breasts 60 miles per hour whenever Frank Pacelli lets her know he's pulling away for a longshot to showcase the blouse as a courtesy to Giorgio's.  

Lilibet Stern (Patty) is smiling and pouting in another high-priced Giorgio's blouse, and Wes Kenney is making sure to get plenty of shots of her supple, perky breasts, as well.  Not to be outdone, Terry Lester (Jack) probably bends over to pick up his briefcase and gives us a long, slow butt shot.  

Tom Ligon (Lucas) probably has on a $100 Giorgio's shirt, which he's strategically unbuttoned all the way down to his belly button.  He's probably wearing a pair of tight white slacks.  Frank Pacelli is likely taping Lucas from the back in several shots, so that Tom Ligon can flex his butt cheeks for us. 

Chris Brooks is probably having a super-expensive photoshoot at Jabot with Joe Blair, featuring about ten different outfits from Giorgio's.  Joe is bending around and showing us his blue-jean clad bottom, while Chris is wiggling her perky little breasts at warp speed in each different Giorgio's ensemble. 

Then we're at the hospital with Chuckie and Sally.  David Hasselhoff probably has on scrubs, but his shirt is open all the way down his goozle to show us his chest.  

Evidently, at the Chancellor house, Kay Thurston is presiding over a sparkling, shimmering dinner party for Nikki, Kevin, and Kevin's parents, including real food that's being served by Esther.  Jeanne Cooper is likely decked-out in an evening gown from Giorgio's of Beverly Hills, with mores sparkling jewelry than you can shake a stick at.  Melody Thomas is probably wearing a low-cut Giorgio's gown that's slightly less "showy" than Jeanne Cooper's gown, but she's making it up for it by leaning onto the table with her breasts heaving right into the champagne.  Chris Holder (Kevin) is probably standing up to make a toast and flexing his butt for us during the long shot.  

That's just the way they all rolled back then.  lol.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Broderick said:

But remember how big the BUDGET was back then.  Aaron probably was literally an Under Five in that episode.  

No doubt Lorie is sauntering around (braless) in a $10,000 low-cut blouse from Giorgio's of Beverly Hills.   She's posing and preening and sighing heavily, displaying the expensive blouse in each long shot, and she takes the opportunity to jiggle her breasts 60 miles per hour whenever Frank Pacelli lets her know he's pulling away for a longshot to showcase the blouse as a courtesy to Giorgio's.  

Lilibet Stern (Patty) is smiling and pouting in another high-priced Giorgio's blouse, and Wes Kenney is making sure to get plenty of shots of her supple, perky breasts, as well.  Not to be outdone, Terry Lester (Jack) probably bends over to pick up his briefcase and gives us a long, slow butt shot.  

Tom Ligon (Lucas) probably has on a $100 Giorgio's shirt, which he's strategically unbuttoned all the way down to his belly button.  He's probably wearing a pair of tight white slacks.  Frank Pacelli is likely taping Lucas from the back in several shots, so that Tom Ligon can flex his butt cheeks for us. 

Chris Brooks is probably having a super-expensive photoshoot at Jabot with Joe Blair, featuring about ten different outfits from Giorgio's.  Joe is bending around and showing us his blue-jean clad bottom, while Chris is wiggling her perky little breasts at warp speed in each different Giorgio's ensemble. 

Then we're at the hospital with Chuckie and Sally.  David Hasselhoff probably has on scrubs, but his shirt is open all the way down his goozle to show us his chest.  

Evidently, at the Chancellor house, Kay Thurston is presiding over a sparkling, shimmering dinner party for Nikki, Kevin, and Kevin's parents, including real food that's being served by Esther.  Jeanne Cooper is likely decked-out in an evening gown from Giorgio's of Beverly Hills, with mores sparkling jewelry than you can shake a stick at.  Melody Thomas is probably wearing a low-cut Giorgio's gown that's slightly less "showy" than Jeanne Cooper's gown, but she's making it up for it by leaning onto the table with her breasts heaving right into the champagne.  Chris Holder (Kevin) is probably standing up to make a toast and flexing his butt for us during the long shot.  

Sounds more like a Russ Meyer movie!!

I do remember Jill bringing the girls back in the day, but I'll have to rewatch old clips to experience the b(r)est of Y&R...

You forgot to mention the fresh flowers (supplied by Lee Bell's brother) that featured throughout.

• Members
1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

You forgot to mention the fresh flowers (supplied by Lee Bell's brother) that featured throughout.

Ha!  I expect Patty had a big handful of Russell Phillip's flowers that she was arranging in a vase, while announcing that they were "fresh-cut flowers from Mamie's garden.  What a beautiful spring day it is!"   The camera was likely alternating between the flowers and Lilibet's breasts.  

The breast & booty swiveling and flexing had gotten so flagrant in the early 1980s that one of the soap magazines finally commented on it.  I can't quote the article exactly, but it said something to the effect of, "It's time for Mr. Bell and Mr. Conboy to scale back on the T&A titillation, which is causing daytime's most elegant soap to look downright cheap and tawdry."   I believe the quote was from John Kelly Genovese, who during the early 1980s, wrote some fairly thought-provoking reviews of the soaps.  

• Members
10 hours ago, Broderick said:

Ha!  I expect Patty had a big handful of Russell Phillip's flowers that she was arranging in a vase, while announcing that they were "fresh-cut flowers from Mamie's garden.  What a beautiful spring day it is!"   The camera was likely alternating between the flowers and Lilibet's breasts.  

The breast & booty swiveling and flexing had gotten so flagrant in the early 1980s that one of the soap magazines finally commented on it.  I can't quote the article exactly, but it said something to the effect of, "It's time for Mr. Bell and Mr. Conboy to scale back on the T&A titillation, which is causing daytime's most elegant soap to look downright cheap and tawdry."   I believe the quote was from John Kelly Genovese, who during the early 1980s, wrote some fairly thought-provoking reviews of the soaps.  

The ironic thing is that I thought Y&R was also criticized around this time for not doing enough love scenes?? They said GH had the more “raunchy” sex scenes compared to “conservative” Y&R? Or something like that. 

• Members
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

The ironic thing is that I thought Y&R was also criticized around this time for not doing enough love scenes?? They said GH had the more “raunchy” sex scenes compared to “conservative” Y&R? Or something like that. 

You're exactly right.  Y&R didn't exactly have "couples" and "love scenes" like some of the shows did.  What they were doing instead was flaunting everyone's "assets".  They had Nikki stripping at the Bayou, Jerry Cashman working as a male prostitute (including a scene where Cash interviewed other potential male prostitutes by having them all strip down to their bikini briefs and stand in a line), many of the women doing dramatic scenes without bras, Snapper and Lucas prancing around with their shirts unbuttoned and sleeves rolled up over their biceps, Nikki and Paul butt-naked in the showers at the YMCA with a whole team of basketball players walking in.   The show had always been known for having a "sensual, languid appearance", but in the early 1980s, as John Kelly Genovese noted, it was beginning to look more like t!ts and azz titillation than sensuality.  By about 1983, they got back more "centered" I guess.  

(I'd guess it was the exit of John Conboy as executive producer and the arrival of Wes Kenney which halted so much of the sexual titillation that seemed geared toward adolescent boys and girls, and it was probably the arrival of Sally Sussman as story consultant/script editor that halted the cringe-worthy dialogue such as "you're playing mind games on me, you're doing a number on me, you're laying something real heavy on me, God I feel so out of it today.")  

Edited by Broderick

• Members
14 hours ago, Broderick said:

20 minutes ago, Broderick said:

You're exactly right.  Y&R didn't exactly have "couples" and "love scenes" like some of the shows did.  What they were doing instead was flaunting everyone's "assets".  They had Nikki stripping at the Bayou, Jerry Cashman working as a male prostitute (including a scene where Cash interviewed other potential male prostitutes by having them all strip down to their bikini briefs and stand in a line), many of the women doing dramatic scenes without bras, Snapper and Lucas prancing around with their shirts unbuttoned and sleeves rolled up over their biceps, Nikki and Paul butt-naked in the showers at the YMCA with a whole team of basketball players walking in.   The show had always been known for having a "sensual, languid appearance", but in the early 1980s, as John Kelly Genovese noted, it was beginning to look more like t!ts and azz titillation than sensuality.  By about 1983, they got back more "centered" I guess.  

(I'd guess it was the exit of John Conboy as executive producer and the arrival of Wes Kenney which halted so much of the sexual titillation that seemed geared toward adolescent boys and girls, and it was probably the arrival of Sally Sussman as story consultant/script editor that halted the cringe-worthy dialogue such as "you're playing mind games on me, you're doing a number on me, you're laying something real heavy on me, God I feel so out of it today.")  

Proust, eat your heart out!

• Members
Posted (edited)

Does anyone have these episodes complete?

2007-09-25

2007-09-06

2007-08-07

2007-08-06

2007-08-03

2007-06-15

2006-11-03

2006-05-12

2005-10-28

2005-08-16

2005-08-15

2005-08-12

2005-08-11

2005-07-19

2005-06-16

2005-06-15

2005-06-14

2005-05-25

2005-04-15

2005-04-14

2005-04-13

2005-04-12

2005-04-07

2005-04-06

2005-04-04

2005-04-01

2005-03-23

2005-03-14

2005-02-14

2005-02-11

2005-02-07

2005-01-26

2005-01-11

2005-01-10

2005-01-05

2005-01-04

2005-01-03

Edited by Bundy1965

• Members

@Bundy1965

I have these from your list, I'll upload them to the vault. I hope someone else has the rest because I need those too.

2008-10-24 

2008-01-02 - LQ

2007-12-03 - LQ

2005-10-28

2005-05-25 - partial

2005-04-04 - partial/French/English

2005-03-30

2005-03-24

2005-03-21

• Members
16 hours ago, fivethej said:

Does anyone have these episodes?