Jump to content

Y&R: Old Articles


DRW50

Recommended Posts

  • Members
1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

I was pleasantly surprised they showed some brief old clips on Friday's show.  What month/year is this from? I've seen this scene come up in a number of montages over the years. It can't be Halloween 1981 because Nikki doesn't find out Victor's identity until early November. 

Please register in order to view this content

It’s got to be sometime btw Nov ‘81 - Feb ‘82, before the pregnancy story started, and Victor and Nikki were in their “My Fair Lady” phase

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
2 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

It’s got to be sometime btw Nov ‘81 - Feb ‘82, before the pregnancy story started, and Victor and Nikki were in their “My Fair Lady” phase

 

I'm debating with myself whether this is before or after NYE 1981, when Nikki says "you can kiss like that, you've been holding out on me." Since this kiss is so quick, I think this scene must have been November or December 1981. I guess I always thought this scene would be from some kind of masquerade ball and I was always curious the context of it. There's nothing like that in the recaps from that time. I vaguely remember reading something about Victor getting Nikki French lessons, but I can't find that reference now, so I'm thinking he got her to dress as Marie Antoinette to study French? LOL. 

 

Another scene from 1981 I had always been curious about that pops up in a lot of montages was the one where Nikki finds a ring in an oyster. Always thought it made no sense for it to be an engagement ring since it was clearly too early. Randomly popped across it when going through my 1998 DVDs as Victor remember a long piece of that scene, and it turns out he was just teaching her how oysters are made ("diamond in the rough" analogy?). I uploaded it to 1981 clips and I'll upload these ones once I figure out all the dates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 6/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, yrfan1983 said:

Thanks as always @BoldRestless ! it was cool on 3/4/97 to see Kevin Spirtas as the sleazy guy trying to pick up Nina. He went on later in '97 to begin his role on Days as Dr. Craig Wesley.

Was the bar supposed to be the same bar from Jan '88 that Nina and Esther went to? Looked similar...

 

Does anyone have the next following episode when Kevin Spirtas as the sleazy guy gets busted for drugging Nina?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Hey guys, just got this notification from YouTube, which could effect a lot of shared playlists that have been marked as unlisted.  If there are any unlisted videos you watch you should be sure to download them and share them to the vault before July 23rd. Once they are made private, only the owner can view the videos.

 

I'm a little confused myself because I have a lot of unlisted videos on my channel. It sounds like if I opt out everything will remain as it was?

 

Hi Bold Restless,

 
Your Unlisted videos uploaded before January 1, 2017 will be made Private starting July 23, 2021. To see the videos affected by this change, click here from a computer. For information on how this will affect your channel, keep reading or visit the Help Center.

 
Why the change
In 2017, we rolled out an update to the system that generates new YouTube Unlisted links, which included security enhancements that make the links for your Unlisted videos even harder for someone to discover without you sharing with them. We’re now making changes to older Unlisted videos that were uploaded before this update took place.

 
What you can do
You have the following options for your legacy videos:

Do nothing. We’ll set any affected videos to Private starting July 23, 2021. Private videos can only be seen by you and the people you choose. Note that once these videos are made Private starting July 23, any link previously used to embed or share them as Unlisted will no longer work.
Opt out of this change. Fill out this form by July 23, 2021 to keep your legacy videos in their current Unlisted state. If you treat your Unlisted videos like Public videos (e.g. they’re embedded on third party sites or shared on social media), we recommend you opt out of this change. If you choose to opt out, your legacy links will continue working as they do today but they won’t get the benefit of this security update.
Make your Unlisted video Public. Alternatively, you can make the video Public to make it publicly accessible. Your video will be visible to anyone using YouTube and will show up in search results, recommended videos and related video lists.
Reupload as a new Unlisted video: If you want to keep your videos Unlisted and benefit from this security update, you’ll need to download them and re-upload them as Unlisted under the new system. However, data associated with the original upload, like views or comments, won’t transfer. Any embedded videos using the old link would also need to be updated to the new video URL. Learn more.
 
We understand that this change may be challenging, so we’re giving you time to make adjustments to your videos before this change takes effect on July 23, 2021.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Ep # 2310

Tape date Thurs April 8 1982

Air date Fri April 16 1982

 

Only 8 days ahead!

 

Cast

Lorie

Aaron

Patty

Jack

John

Lucas

Sally

Snapper

Chuckie

Joe

Chris

Nikki

Kay

Alison

Earle

Kevin

Stan

Maid (Esther)

Extras

 

Kate Linder's first episode. At that time she was not given a name. At some point, the story goes, Jeanne Cooper just threw in the name Esther.

The Aaron character was in scenes with Lorie and Lucas. Does anyone know more?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

Ep # 2310

Tape date Thurs April 8 1982

Air date Fri April 16 1982

 

Only 8 days ahead!

 

Cast

Lorie

Aaron

Patty

Jack

John

Lucas

Sally

Snapper

Chuckie

Joe

Chris

Nikki

Kay

Alison

Earle

Kevin

Stan

Maid (Esther)

Extras

 

Kate Linder's first episode. At that time she was not given a name. At some point, the story goes, Jeanne Cooper just threw in the name Esther.

The Aaron character was in scenes with Lorie and Lucas. Does anyone know more?

 

 

 

Could Aaron be connected to Prentiss? This was around the time Victor took control and Lucas and Lorie were trying to figure out how he did it. Aaron may be a stockholder or someone else at the company that they talk to? Not sure he would have been more than a day player. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 6/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, Paul Raven said:

Ep #1311

 

Tape date Monday May 13 1978

Air date Tuesday May 23 1978

 

Cast

Kay

Liz 

Snapper

Casey

Nikki

Derek

Paul (under 5) Doug Davidson's first episode

Wish we could find it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 6/25/2021 at 3:55 AM, will81 said:

Could Aaron be connected to Prentiss? This was around the time Victor took control and Lucas and Lorie were trying to figure out how he did it. Aaron may be a stockholder or someone else at the company that they talk to? Not sure he would have been more than a day player. 

 

 

 

The cast is listed in "order of appearance".   Lorie Brooks lived in a penthouse.  Aaron was her doorman.  (Except Jaime Lyn Bauer, who played Lorie Brooks, always pronounced Aaron's name as Erin, so I thought for months that "Erin" was a girl doorman, lol.)

 

The episode undoubtedly opened with Lorie Brooks moping around in her penthouse.  Close shot of her jiggling breasts.  The house phone rings.  Lorie sighs and saunters over to the phone, picks up.  

 

Lorie Brooks:  Yes, Erin?

 

Aaron:  Good morning, Miss Brooks.  Lucas Prentiss is here to see you.

 

Lorie Brooks:  My God.  Are you sure, Erin?

 

Aaron:  Yes, Miss Brooks.  He's standing right here.  

 

Lorie Brooks:  Well.  Send him up.  

 

Lorie hangs up the phone.  She walks over to the balcony, swivels her hips, jiggles her breasts, and breathes, "My God.  What could Luke possibly be doing here?  He must have something really heavy to lay on me this morning."  More breast jiggling.  Music swells.  So do breasts.  

 

The next scene will be Jack and Patty, discussing Patty's moving into the Abbott house.   Lots of smiling and pouting from Lilibet Stern.  

 

Opening credits.

 

Back to Jack and Patty.  Now Jerry Douglas's John Abbott comes in to throw some water on Patty's good mood.

 

Back to the penthouse.  Lucas comes in through the elevator doors.  

 

Lorie Brooks:  Luke.  This is a surprise.  What brings you by?

 

Lucas:  I've got something heavy to lay on you, Lorie.  Something really heavy.

 

Fade out.  

 

(Haven't seen this episode in 39 years, but Bill Bell's writing followed a certain "formula", that rarely surprised regular viewers.)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 minutes ago, Broderick said:

 

The cast is listed in "order of appearance".   Lorie Brooks lived in a penthouse.  Aaron was her doorman.  (Except Jaime Lyn Bauer, who played Lorie Brooks, always pronounced Aaron's name as Erin, so I thought for months that "Erin" was a girl doorman, lol.)

 

The episode undoubtedly opened with Lorie Brooks moping around in her penthouse.  Close shot of her jiggling breasts.  The house phone rings.  Lorie sighs and saunters over to the phone, picks up.  

 

Lorie Brooks:  Yes, Erin?

 

Aaron:  Good morning, Miss Brooks.  Lucas Prentiss is here to see you.

 

Lorie Brooks:  My God.  Are you sure, Erin?

 

Aaron:  Yes, Miss Brooks.  He's standing right here.  

 

Lorie Brooks:  Well.  Send him up.  

 

Lorie hangs up the phone.  She walks over to the balcony, swivels her hips, jiggles her breasts, and breathes, "My God.  What could Luke possibly be doing here?  He must have something really heavy to lay on me this morning."  More breast jiggling.  Music swells.  So do breasts.  

 

The next scene will be Jack and Patty, discussing Patty's moving into the Abbott house.   Lots of smiling and pouting from Lilibet Stern.  

 

Opening credits.

 

Back to Jack and Patty.  Now Jerry Douglas's John Abbott comes in to throw some water on Patty's good mood.

 

Back to the penthouse.  Lucas comes in through the elevator doors.  

 

Lorie Brooks:  Luke.  This is a surprise.  What brings you by?

 

Lucas:  I've got something heavy to lay on you, Lorie.  Something really heavy.

 

Fade out.  

 

(Haven't seen this episode in 39 years, but Bill Bell's writing followed a certain "formula", that rarely surprised regular viewers.)  

Lol, yes I think JLB went braless quite often. Braless women and tight pants with VPL for the men, haha.

 

Thanks for the info, didn't even think the doorman would have been given a name. They should have used Lorenzo Music as her doorman, after Rhoda ended, haha. He just constantly sends people up Lorie wants nothing to do with. Actually it does seem Aaron might have sent Nikki up at least a couple times without Lorie knowing.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I remember when Lorie returned in the early 2000's and someone commented on the message boards that she was still sauntering her tired old ass like she did back in the 1970's.......LOL

 

I always wondered why Bill Bell had Lucas talk like the guys on 70's Mod Squad " Lorie I have something heavy to lay on you, real heavy".

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 472

      Look into the past - 1975

    2. 2,667

      Loving/The City Discussion Thread

    3. 9,962

      Guiding Light discussion thread

    4. 9,962

      Guiding Light discussion thread

    5. 11,959

      As The World Turns Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy