• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

Crosspost from Classic B&B Thread:

Vault Update 2:

I found the source of the problem! The reason some file sizes are so huge is because of a OneDrive feature called Versioning. Its core function is to keep a version of a file between changes. This is usually triggered if somebody changes the name of the file on OneDrive. What this means is if a file gets renamed, the file size will end up doubling because OneDrive keeps a previous version, or if it gets re-named twice, then the file size will triple. Unfortunately I've tried to turn off this feature but it doesn't allow me to, at least for this OneDrive account.

There isn't a quick and easy way within OneDrive to automatically delete previous versions of a file. That being said, I keep an automatic sync of the Vault on an external hard drive which saves only the newest versions. What I'm currently doing is moving the folders away from the sync folder, deleting the files on OneDrive, and re-syncing them.

What this means on your end is that you will notice once in a while some folders for certain years going missing. This is normal while I re-migrate the files onto the drive without the unnecessary space. I'm hoping to do this within a week.

By the end of this, we should recover about 1.42TB of storage - plenty of wiggle room until I have to worry about another solution. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Vault Update 3:

Good news! I was able to re-sync the 1990s folders for both Y&R and B&B, and 2000s/2010s Y&R and doing that managed to free up 1.5TB without losing any files. You may now continue to upload as usual. Please bear in mind if you choose to re-name the files, download them, rename on your computer, and re-upload them to avoid OneDrive Versioning. This will save up tremendous amounts of space.

Down the road, if we do max out at 5TB, I'm looking into spinning off Y&R into its own OneDrive account. But that's a future me problem. 

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members
4 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Crosspost from Classic B&B Thread:

Vault Update 2:

I found the source of the problem! The reason some file sizes are so huge is because of a OneDrive feature called Versioning. Its core function is to keep a version of a file between changes. This is usually triggered if somebody changes the name of the file on OneDrive. What this means is if a file gets renamed, the file size will end up doubling because OneDrive keeps a previous version, or if it gets re-named twice, then the file size will triple. Unfortunately I've tried to turn off this feature but it doesn't allow me to, at least for this OneDrive account.

There isn't a quick and easy way within OneDrive to automatically delete previous versions of a file. That being said, I keep an automatic sync of the Vault on an external hard drive which saves only the newest versions. What I'm currently doing is moving the folders away from the sync folder, deleting the files on OneDrive, and re-syncing them.

What this means on your end is that you will notice once in a while some folders for certain years going missing. This is normal while I re-migrate the files onto the drive without the unnecessary space. I'm hoping to do this within a week.

By the end of this, we should recover about 1.42TB of storage - plenty of wiggle room until I have to worry about another solution. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Vault Update 3:

Good news! I was able to re-sync the 1990s folders for both Y&R and B&B, and 2000s/2010s Y&R and doing that managed to free up 1.5TB without losing any files. You may now continue to upload as usual. Please bear in mind if you choose to re-name the files, download them, rename on your computer, and re-upload them to avoid OneDrive Versioning. This will save up tremendous amounts of space.

Down the road, if we do max out at 5TB, I'm looking into spinning off Y&R into its own OneDrive account. But that's a future me problem. 

Thanks so much for taking care of it  and so quickly! 

• Members

Does anybody know the date when Nick and MAtt had that bloody fight

The date when Olivia confronted Nathan of his affair

MAtter of fact did you guys think they villainized Nathan over time they paired him with Olivia? 

• Members
18 hours ago, BigMAnOnDeck said:

MAtter of fact did you guys think they villainized Nathan over time they paired him with Olivia? 

Matt and Nick's bloody fight was 8/3/94 and here it is! https://youtu.be/xGoUnkb4o-A

Don't know the date of Olivia confronting Nathan, but yes I do think the show villainized him, and really cheapened his character from the noble Nathan we saw in the 80s and early 90s

• Members
19 hours ago, BigMAnOnDeck said:

Nick and Matt's second fight was 7/5/95, which is considered the bloody fight. Here's a clip of it. 

• Members
1 hour ago, yrfan1983 said:

Matt and Nick's bloody fight was 8/3/94 and here it is! https://youtu.be/xGoUnkb4o-A

Don't know the date of Olivia confronting Nathan, but yes I do think the show villainized him, and really cheapened his character from the noble Nathan we saw in the 80s and early 90s

Yea I was watching the 1994 and 1995 Primetime Special and it was like the writers did their damndest to make everyone turn on him. Hell even Paul turned on him and fired him episodes later. 

1 hour ago, YRfan23 said:

Nick and Matt's second fight was 7/5/95, which is considered the bloody fight. Here's a clip of it. 

Thanks so much loved this fight. Now if only I can find the clip when MAtt was intimidationg Nick And Sharon and Christine met MAtt.

• Members
2 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

As you know, I’m not a fan of any of these characters but that was a really well-done fight scene! SharonC and JulianneM’s acting, meanwhile, was atrocious 

• Members

Yes the fight was well staged - no way would they have the time and budget to do that today. Even some floor shots sjowing the ceiling.

As for Nathan,I recall he was offscreen for a while (were they recasting?) and then when he returned he was cheating with Keesha. I felt that was a cheap move on Bill Bell's part for the viewer not to see Nathan get involved with another woman and understanding how it evolved into an affair.

• Members
3 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

As you know, I’m not a fan of any of these characters but that was a really well-done fight scene! SharonC and JulianneM’s acting, meanwhile, was atrocious 

Haha yeah she’s come a long ways but Sharon’s screams at seeing Nick all bloody just come off way too cheesy...