Jump to content

Y&R: Old Articles


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

 

 


I am probably the only human being in the universe having any feelings or opinions about this but I actually used to ship Lindsey Wells and Jack. They never even were officially romantically paired but they had good chemistry and understood each other without judgement.
LK is pretty well enconsced in Days at this point but if they ever cancel it, I'd love to see this revisited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

So after 11 years, Israel brought Y&R back to our screens begining yesterday- from episodes of April 2018

 

wow, I watched Y&R regularly through the late 80's and 90's and it's like a completely different show now, the low budget and wooden acting of some of the actors is certainly noticed.

Edited by asafi
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, asafi said:

So after 11 years, Israel brought Y&R back to our screens begining yesterday- from episodes of April 2018

 

wow, I watched Y&R regularly through the late 80's and 90's and it's like a completely different show now, the low budget and wooden acting of some of the actors is certainly noticed.

Is B&B still broadcast in Israel or was it cancelled as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, sheilaforever said:

Is B&B still broadcast in Israel or was it cancelled as well?

Yes, B&B still broadcast here, now with episodes from Feb 2020 (around Ep.8454)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is the last of the stuff I got from the Y&R Anonymous Angel, it took me quite a while to through everything, so thanks again to this person! I'll soon resume uploading stuff from my own collection.  Or if any of you have VHS tapes or DVDs that you want me to upload for you, hit me up with a private message.

Please register in order to view this content
 

 

This one is a bit of a mixed bag between old and new. Uploaded a couple of other clips of 1987 and 1992 to the vault too.

 

July 17, 2002 final segments

 

 

February 11, 2004 clip Jill & Kay

 

March 5, 2004 clips Jill, Kay, & Liz

 

 

January 28, 2005 clip Kay & Jill remember their first meeting

 

October 31, 1991 clip Dru & Olivia

 

 

March 31, 1987 clip Jill Wouldn't want all this to go to waste

 

1985 A vulnerable Kay asks Jill to sit with her (maybe 1984?)

 

 

1984  clip of Jill & Lindsey Wells
Not sure of the month/date

 

 

 

April 1, 1987 clip Jill Brad Dinner

 

 

June 24, 1987 clip  Phillip officially becomes a Chancellor

 

December 1984 clip Water the tree with it


1983 Brenda Dickson interview

She seems so natural and normal here. It's very different than her E True Hollywood story segment.

 

Edited by BoldRestless
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I always admired Jill's work wardrobe.  I think everyone would feel more confident at work in high heels and a suit with a matching hat and veil.  It might be slightly inconvenient while working in front of a computer.  But, maybe the veil blocked the screen's bluelight?

 

The classic telephone moves of dialing with one long claw-like nail, while peeling off the clip-on earring to talk, and sipping tea from a china cup, made work seem so much more fun.

Edited by j swift
Link to post
Share on other sites

That interviewer is very offputting, especially with all the personal questions she clearly didn't want to answer. It's interesting hearing Brenda address how "bad" Jill had become by saying fans still enjoyed her (I know after her exit she said that she also did not like the villainous writing for Jill). She's very reserved here but you can sort of see her later persona peeking through.

 

(I also found myself thinking, "Don't get married again, Brenda!")

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

That interviewer is very offputting, especially with all the personal questions she clearly didn't want to answer. It's interesting hearing Brenda address how "bad" Jill had become by saying fans still enjoyed her (I know after her exit she said that she also did not like the villainous writing for Jill). She's very reserved here but you can sort of see her later persona peeking through.

 

(I also found myself thinking, "Don't get married again, Brenda!")

That interviewer Mike Jerrick is still around and acts the same as here. There are clips from recent years where he is making fun of guests like Ryan Lochte etc...He also invited Tiffany Brissette from the 80's sitcomSmall Wonder on and surprised her with her old co-stars from the show. Things got awkward and she looked like a deer caught in headlights. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, j swift said:

 I think everyone would feel more confident at work in high heels and a suit with a matching hat and veil.  It might be slightly inconvenient while working in front of a computer.  But, maybe the veil blocked the screen's bluelight?

 

 

 

Brenda Dickson's Jill always seemed a bit GRANDIOSE for the workplace.  And her favorite line was always, "What do YOU want?  Can't you sheee that I'm bisshy?"  (while polishing her nails)  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Broderick said:

 

Brenda Dickson's Jill always seemed a bit GRANDIOSE for the workplace.  And her favorite line was always, "What do YOU want?  Can't you sheee that I'm bisshy?"  (while polishing her nails)  

I think my favourite is still her telling Nina "I don't appreciate people SASHAYING into my offish!" with her ridiculous hat she probably stole from Phyllis Hyman's wardrobe.

Edited by beebs
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Paley Center Archives has a screen test of Brenda and the following actors, so obviously an audition for the role of Brad.

Baker, David L.
Cheyne, Hank
Diamont, Don
Eckholdt, Steven
Kayser, Allan J.
Wilson, Robert

 

Also a 1974 TV Guide profiles the actors of the NBC series 'Chase'. One of them, Craig Gardener talks about having a semi regular role on Y&R. I suspect this might be Jill's boyfriend who was mentioned in a 1973 synopsis posted way back. I can't recall the character's name offhand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

 

Also a 1974 TV Guide profiles the actors of the NBC series 'Chase'. One of them, Craig Gardener talks about having a semi regular role on Y&R. I suspect this might be Jill's boyfriend who was mentioned in a 1973 synopsis posted way back. I can't recall the character's name offhand.

 

I think his name was "Brent".  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 9,695

      Guiding Light discussion thread

    2. 5,515

      OLTL Tribute Thread

    3. 65

      ER on HULU

    4. 5,515

      OLTL Tribute Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy