Y&R: Old Articles

I remember the Paul rape caused christine to leave..with wanting to process what happened to her.  Considering she was a victim of date rape as a teen/young adult..than a victim of attempted rape...the show didn't delve into Christine's psyche.  It was swept under the rug..and LLB was more than up to the challenge I believe.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Soaplovers said:

I remember the Paul rape caused christine to leave..with wanting to process what happened to her.  Considering she was a victim of date rape as a teen/young adult..than a victim of attempted rape...the show didn't delve into Christine's psyche.  It was swept under the rug..and LLB was more than up to the challenge I believe.

Good points. It just goes to show even more how much the story was written simply as a shocking, yet convenient way to send a character off the canvas, nothing more.

So what is LLB's deal with Y&R?

She pops up randomly. I once read she didn't want to come in for filler scenes but with such irregular appearances that's basically what they amount to.

Her lack of availability really didn't help Doud Davidson's status on the show.

3 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

She pops up randomly. I once read she didn't want to come in for filler scenes but with such irregular appearances that's basically what they amount to.

She posted on her social media in November to announce TriciaC’s return, so maybe she’s motivated to appear if she has scenes with Nina?

Posted (edited)

Nina was the one person to make Christine likable.

I'm excited to see her in the lifetime movie...she's perfectly cast in it.

And shame Lauren isn't on as much...she and Paul need to reunite 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soaplovers
Posted (edited)

From the LLB TV Insider Interview 

It was fun seeing Victor [Eric Braeden] and Nikki’s [Melody Thomas Scott] wedding. Chris and Paul’s [Doug Davidson] honeymoon in Nevis was so much fun. I was begging them to play all three days of the Masquerade Ball [from 1991]. Why not keep going? I would have shown more consistency. Maybe do a full week in a row of some shows because they’re all so good.

I wish they would've shown a full week of stories instead of random episodes. It would've given a fuller picture. Instead of randomly getting an episode from 1986 to end the week with 2015 episodes. 

Edited by Forever8
On 3/19/2021 at 5:53 PM, Paul Raven said:

The way I saw it was, when she took the extended maternity leave, the show moved on and she’s never been able to recover from that. Even her connection to Phyllis was mostly replaced with Sharon. Once writers started changing over I feel all hope for her was lost because she wasn’t a main character when those writers came on. The only decent thing she’s gotten in 15 years was probably when she had the miscarriage. I think she even got an Emmy nom for that. 

I think if they were willing to write her a real story she’d do it, but being so stuck with Paul is also a character killer. She should be mixing it up with the major players not stuck with Paul. 

Posted (edited)

Ep #828

Tape date June 28 1976

Air date July 5 1976

Cast

Stuart

Lorie

Chris

Peg

Snapper

Brad 

Leslie

Pianist

Sets

Brooks Living room

Peg's bedroom

Stuart's office

Brad & Leslie's apartment

Edited by Paul Raven
Posted (edited)

I don't know if people ever saw this short film made with Jess Walton and Camryn Grimes (they play mother and daughter!) but it's very good! It's very dark mind you, but definitely well put together! I think this was filmed either 2004 of 2005.

Edited by YRfan23
On 3/23/2021 at 6:20 PM, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Just got this tweet. Can our Angel who uploaded the German Episodes investigate and confirm?

It's only a half episode

OMFG!

Janice Lynde is a QUEEN!

I cannot believe that she has just shared extensive material (20 minutes' worth of clips) of Y&R from 1974, in honor of the show's anniversary. We get to see Leslie Brooks in the decrepit Detroit mental hospital, victimized  by fellow patients and degenerate staff. 

I never thought in a million years that I would see any of this again. It is chilling and mesmerizing, and really illustrates how pointless and weak the show is in 2021, compared to what it was back in 1974.

I imagine that someone with computer skill and know-how will be kind enough and smart enough to store these clips in the vault, before it disappears from you-know-where.

Here's the 1974 Janice Lynde/Leslie Mental Ward Scenes!