Y&R: Old Articles

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Sorry if this was mentioned by anyone, but by going through the closing credits of the 1986-1987 German episodes was anyone able to get the exact dates that Wes Kenney was last credited as EP and Ed Scott became EP. something i didn’t realize was that Bill Bell was actually the sole EP for Most of 1987 and based on the little full credits that are available Ed Scott actually became EP around October/November 1987. I’d love to know when the exact dates were though. 

It happens in late 1986 and there are not enough end credits unfortunately. I have been wondering myself when the change happened. Kenney is still credited in Sep 86 but Bell is the sole EP by Dec 19, 1986. So sometime between there I guess. 

In terms of when Bell became Senior Exec Prod and Ed Scott EP, again not enough end credits to know. Probably is by Oct/Nov 87. 

ETA: All the papers report Kenney's departure in Nov/Dec 1986 and it is mentioned Kenney is taking over GH by Jan 87. 

ETA: Doug Davidson mentions in a May 87 interview that Ed Scott is running things (but using the Kenney model) Bell checks in from B&B on occassion. By October 87 Ed Scott is being referred to as a line producer, replacing Kenney (in an interview with MTS)

Edited by will81
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, will81 said:

It happens in late 1986 and there are not enough end credits unfortunately. I have been wondering myself when the change happened. Kenney is still credited in Sep 86 but Bell is the sole EP by Dec 19, 1986. So sometime between there I guess. 

In terms of when Bell became Senior Exec Prod and Ed Scott EP, again not enough end credits to know. Probably is by Oct/Nov 87. 

ETA: All the papers report Kenney's departure in Nov/Dec 1986 and it is mentioned Kenney is taking over GH by Jan 87. 

ETA: Doug Davidson mentions in a May 87 interview that Ed Scott is running things (but using the Kenney model) Bell checks in from B&B on occassion. By October 87 Ed Scott is being referred to as a line producer, replacing Kenney (in an interview with MTS)

Thanks! That definitely explains the timeline a little better. Too bad most of the German closings  are edited out, but at least we have some idea of the months Kenny/Scott started. 

I guess Bill Bell had to devote time to B&Bs first 6 months before becoming Senior EP of Y&R

5 hours ago, will81 said:

Can push the date back a bit further. John Goudas' "Soap Opera Scenes" had a piece on Kate Linder that appeared in a few papers in mid/late October 1986.

Kenney was still at Y&R, but it was known he was leaving in January. 

His decision wasn't a surprise.

From Nancy Reichardt's Tune in Tomorrow appearing in various papers the last week of August 1986:

Although there's no official confirmation, there's talk within the soap industry that Wes Kenn[e]y, co-executive producer of "The Young and the Restless," is slated to take over Gloria Monty's executive producer position on "General Hospital." Gloria is moving to Fox Broadcasting, where she's under a three-picture TV movie contract. She won't be letting go of the "GH" reins completely, however, since she has another year to go on her contract with the soap."

Kenney has stated he didn't want to leave Y&R but was offered a huge amount by ABC to move to GH. he wasn't thrilled by how Monty had been running GH but that's a story for another day.

Posted (edited)

Here's some more 1991 and one of the other 1995 dates I was suppose to get!   Thanks to another anonymous  angel, I was able to get some of the missing dates that I never received in the mail! 

Please register in order to view this content
  (Long Story! LOL) hope the other 2 dates I should have gotten get posted at some point. 

Edited by YRfan23

@YRfan23 Thank you so much for this. You have given us practically all of 1991. I think we have over 200 episodes from that year. So awesome

3 minutes ago, will81 said:

@YRfan23 Thank you so much for this. You have given us practically all of 1991. I think we have over 200 episodes from that year. So awesome

Your welcome!

the count is now at 205 I believe? so we’d need 46 more episodes to compete the entire 1991 year which consists of 251 episodes! At some point I hope I can  get the full episodes to replace the partial ones too. 

8 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Your welcome!

the count is now at 205 I believe? so we’d need 46 more episodes to compete the entire 1991 year which consists of 251 episodes! At some point I hope I can  get the full episodes to replace the partial ones too. 

This is incredible. While I cannot wait to watch this period of Y&R, every time one of the "missing" episodes shows up, I'm thankful tohave waited to be able to see the (almost) complete year in a row - finally.

YRFan23 and I contend that 1991 might be the best year of YR ever!

Do you agree? If not, what is your "best year of YR"?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sheilaforever said:

This is incredible. While I cannot wait to watch this period of Y&R, every time one of the "missing" episodes shows up, I'm thankful tohave waited to be able to see the (almost) complete year in a row - finally.

I'm like this too. I'm currently stopped at 1988 cause I'm hoping more will pop up. I actually have not even watched a lot of the things I've uploaded yet. 

1 hour ago, yrfan1983 said:

YRFan23 and I contend that 1991 might be the best year of YR ever!

Do you agree? If not, what is your "best year of YR"?

It's the year before I started watching, so it's in that sweet spot of stuff I've yet to watch and have never seen, other than scenes like the Masquerade ball. Thank you so much YRFan23!

Also, someone has been uploading a ton of 1998 and 1999 videos to the vault. Thank you to this person as well

Edited by BoldRestless
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

It's the year before I started watching, so it's in that sweet spot of stuff I've yet to watch and have never seen, other than scenes like the Masquerade ball. Thank you so much YRFan23!

Also, someone has been uploading a ton of 1988 and 1999 videos to the vault. Thank you to this person as well

Wow, you are in for a major treat! 1991 isn't perfect... there's Leanna's IVF antics, which is so silly and annoying to me, and Traci and Brad's attempt at a remarriage, which just makes me sad. 

But there's SO much good stuff... Sheila, Drunk Nikki, Neil!, Ryan!, Flo!, Dru's ballet debut, David's "killer' new face, the list goes on and on...

Thanks for the upload tip! (I think you mean 1998, not 1988) I'm excited to watch 9/1/98, which has a rare-for-the-time group scene with Nina, Katherine and Jill.  Thank you so much Anonymous Angel!

Edited by yrfan1983
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yrfan1983 said:

Thank you so much Anonymous Angel!

I have been uploading recently in 1998 and 1999,
 you're welcome.
Edited by Bundy1965

Here's some new 1994 uploads!

2/9 and 2/14 are full, and 2/8 and 2/10 are Partials. 

Any chance to see Phillis' arrival to Genoa city in 1994, and the demise and funeral of Rex Sterling?