Jump to content

Y&R: Old Articles


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

I read somewhere that Corbett actually debuted on November 17, 1986.

Nov ‘86 sounds correct bc per synopses at that time, there’s lots of activity with Jill at Jabot with the Men’s Line, so I definitely see a need for David to be present as a sounding board for Jill.

But that article contradicts that theory... hmmm

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Nov ‘86 sounds correct bc per synopses at that time, there’s lots of activity with Jill at Jabot with the Men’s Line, so I definitely see a need for David to be present as a sounding board for Jill.

But that article contradicts that theory... hmmm

At the same time though, back then soap press often took ages to announce cast changes, if they even bothered and accuracy wasn't their game, lol. So I take it all with a grain of salt and leave things tentative until we see for ourselves. That's why having these eps is so good for that reason

5 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

Here's where I got the info of Michael Corbett's first airdate. They also have several other first and last airdates.

http://www.feuxdelamour.com/guide.pdf

Yeah it says the same on IMDB. He is listed as first appearing on November 17 (which is Nov 19 according to the French and German guides (they actually have cast list information on IMDB which includes non contract for each episode with synopsis) And it did prove me wrong Deb Adair is listed as Jill in November as well. I assume these are acurate and come from the German or French episodes, as the person has more info in the synopsis than the German and French guides.

 

So the article is very wrong in that case, if indeed Corbett started on Nov 17 or 19 BD wasn't there but Deb Adair was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the clips of where Jill hired Drew Pillsbury as David before they were deleted off YT earlier this year and it was hilarious.....I highly doubt Jill’s hiring process was legal at all but it was also funny to know she personally handpicked David to be her secretary knowing what lies down the road.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@YRfan23 So I checked IMDB and they have Deborah Adair listed as subbing from ep #3477 (Nov 11 there Nov 13 on the German/French guides) up to #3482 (listed as Nov 18 on IMDB and Nov 20 on the German/French guides) 

 

IMDB seems to correct itself with #3486 which all line up as Nov 25

 

So yeah this is probably what the article was referring to. Though the article is still very wrong, haha.

 

And Deb was on once in October. So I guess this was when Brenda was having issues. Either health or contract, lol

Edited by will81
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

I started a playlist for German 1987.  This way it will generate the auto-translatable subtitles.

 

 

Wow @BoldRestless !  You are truly doing the Lord's work!! Thank you so much

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

I started a playlist for German 1987.  This way it will generate the auto-translatable subtitles.

 

 

Thank you as always my friend! :D 

13 hours ago, will81 said:

@YRfan23 So I checked IMDB and they have Deborah Adair listed as subbing from ep #3477 (Nov 11 there Nov 13 on the German/French guides) up to #3482 (listed as Nov 18 on IMDB and Nov 20 on the German/French guides) 

 

IMDB seems to correct itself with #3486 which all line up as Nov 25

 

So yeah this is probably what the article was referring to. Though the article is still very wrong, haha.

 

And Deb was on once in October. So I guess this was when Brenda was having issues. Either health or contract, lol

Yeah IMDb does end up correcting itself, because they didn’t have preemptions listed for September’s US Open. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

I started a playlist for German 1987.  This way it will generate the auto-translatable subtitles.

 

 

That is so awesome, thank you for doing this

Link to post
Share on other sites

This loser stealing from everyone putting their private channels at risk. Someone who runs Days Of Our Lives channel called him out and was forced to set all their content to private ruining it for everyone else. This arrogant punk acts like he's doing nothing wrong.

 

thief 1.jpg

 

thief3.jpgthief2.jpg

 

thief4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, fivethej said:

This loser stealing from everyone putting their private channels at risk. Someone who runs Days Of Our Lives channel called him out and was forced to set all their content to private ruining it for everyone else. This arrogant punk acts like he's doing nothing wrong.

 

That person is vile and seems to be doing this on purpose. That wonderful DAYS uploader has had to go private AGAIN because someone ELSE gave this Erik Stone poster the links to the playlists. Now nobody has access to the episodes. Why is it so difficult to follow the rules?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, YRBB said:

 

That person is vile and seems to be doing this on purpose. That wonderful DAYS uploader has had to go private AGAIN because someone ELSE gave this Erik Stone poster the links to the playlists. Now nobody has access to the episodes. Why is it so difficult to follow the rules?!

I suspect it might be a good idea to start a DAYS vault, under the circumstances. I MIGHT look into it.

I love the german and french episodes being uploaded, though I've always loathed watching dubbed TV. Something about it always just irritated me, so it's hard to watch. But it's still delightful to see the footage, regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first full credits list we get is Feb 24. Interstingly Michael Corbett isn't on contract. I found one piece that says he was only supposed to be on the show for three months. I wonder when he signed a contract?

 

Am also looking forward to seeing when John Denos last appeared as Joe Blair and Todd Curtis first appeared as Skip, I believe it was around March, and it seems there is little gap between the two. Since Denos is still appearing in Feb. I wonder why he left or was replaced?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...