Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Y&R: Old Articles

DRW50

• Members
On 12/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, yrfan1983 said:

Yes! The Julia from that clip is a totally different person than the "Power Julia" who returns in 1982.

I thought the writing about how Julia was such a strong woman was so heavy handed that it  felt like Meg Bennet wrote the dialogue herself.  She probably wasn't allowed to do that, but I do wonder if the other writers were writing with Meg in mind, not Julia. 

I so wish that we could see more of the breakdown Victor/Julia marriage and the dungeon storyline. It's hard to believe all of that happened in between the Christmas 1980 and 1981 clips? Feels like it would have taken longer. 

19 hours ago, kalbir said:

I think the Christmas 1980 scene was a flashback from Julia's 2002 return but I could be wrong.

That's right. From March 2002.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

Ah, a rare Deborah Adair clip, I’ve always wanted to see that scene. Thanks!

In the clips uploaded a few months ago by a YR angel, we saw Jack and Brenda D’s Jill recreating this scene in fall ‘83, but this original scene from June ‘83 wasn’t included.

• Members
33 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

That's interesting. It's very difficult to imagine Brenda's Jill giving a damn. 

You need to check out the 80's vault clips when you get the chance! The clips are amazing! the most we have gotten from 1982-1988 Y&R!

Please register in order to view this content
 (though I'm only still at 1985, LOL) 

• Members
1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

I thought the writing about how Julia was such a strong woman was so heavy handed that it  felt like Meg Bennet wrote the dialogue herself.  She probably wasn't allowed to do that, but I do wonder if the other writers were writing with Meg in mind, not Julia. 

I believe it has been stated previously (most likely by Meg Bennett herself) that she was not allowed to write for her own character, much in the same way that Randy Holland was forbidden from writing for his character Rick Daros while he was on the show.

• Members
On 10/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, BoldRestless said:

New additions to the vault

Nov 83 clip - Jack Rescues Jill

12/19/86 partial ep overlaps (123) 

I have several clips and episodes relating to Jill & Kay's court battle over Phillips's adoption, which complements what's in the vault, which hardly includes this story. I love the scenes with Phillip answering Michael Crawford's questions. Really sharp dialogue. Jill's scenes contain some wonderful 70s clips.

Unfortunately, none of Kay's testimony is in any of these clips, so hopefully someone else has that material to share.

1/5/87 clip – Phillip testifies
1/6/87 – Second half of ep - comes around (124) @ 6:35 – (not entirely sure if the scenes in the clip are before or after the 1/6 ep)

Clip 1/9/87 – Katherine Jill in court over Phillip (2 pts)

1/12/87 – episode
1/13/87 – episode
1/14/87 - clip
Watch these before clip (125)

5/28/87 partial - This is the episode at the stables, it's in better quality at the vault starting at clip (131), but it's always nice to have the other scenes (Lauren/Paul and Jabot stuff).

I will be adding the eps dated

6/11/87 ep
6/12/87 ep
6/15/87 ep
These have also been around labelled "Jill's Men's Line Party" (14 parts) but there's actually not much of the party. Most of it is planning the party. These are labelled genoacityguy, but I've seen clips of Jill in the red dress in better quality, I wonder if someone has them.

I have a clip of 6/16/87 that says "Phillip drives drunk" (pt 4 of 6), did anyone here ever grab the rest of that ep when it was on YouTube long ago?

There's lots of clips floating around from this era with Brenda Dickson's Jill, which I have never seen as full episodes. I wonder if these were recorded by the same person that did the Divorce clips and if there's a series where they're all in order. Jill and Phillip seem to be very popular as there were loads of clips of them on YouTube through the years. Sometimes Brenda Dickson reposts them on twitter or YouTube.

Hi @BoldRestless I'm finally approaching clip 123 in my viewing and I want to cross-reference with the other clips you mentioned in this post from October...

you mention your clips from 1/5/87, 1/9/87, and 1/14/87 but I can't find them in the vault... are they available anywhere?  Thanks as always!!

• Members
22 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

Hi @BoldRestless I'm finally approaching clip 123 in my viewing and I want to cross-reference with the other clips you mentioned in this post from October...

you mention your clips from 1/5/87, 1/9/87, and 1/14/87 but I can't find them in the vault... are they available anywhere?  Thanks as always!!

Yes, they are all there under the Clips section.

• Members
On 12/24/2020 at 9:33 PM, SoapDope said:

Sean Garrison who played John Abbott in the 1980 episode with Bond Gideon in a Love American Style Episode circa 1970.

I can see why Sean Garrison was initially cast as John Abbott, as he bears a slight resemblance to Terry Lester, but I don't think he carried the needed, commanding presence that Jerry Douglas and even Brett Halsey did.  He'd have been better off playing someone like Derek Thurston or Lucas Prentiss.

• Members
On 12/25/2020 at 5:28 AM, BoldRestless said:

I so wish that we could see more of the breakdown Victor/Julia marriage and the dungeon storyline. It's hard to believe all of that happened in between the Christmas 1980 and 1981 clips? Feels like it would have taken longer. 

That's right. From March 2002.

I think Bell set a lot up with Brock, Julia and Victor. Then Beau left and he shifted things to Michael Scott. So it did unravel over time. It is clear from the time Victor and Julia first appear that things are not okay.

• Members
44 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

Wasn't Sean Garrison just a temp replacement for Brett Halsey? Press at the time announced that Halsey was cast as the new character John Abbott, never any mention of Garrison.

That's the big question, some remember Halsey in the role when Jill got hired, others remember Sean. Halsey wasn't mentioned in the press until Aug, the same time Deb Adair was announced as the new Jill. There is no mention of Sean Garrison at all that I could find, but Halsey is not mentioned at all in May/Jun either.