Y&R: Old Articles

54 minutes ago, anon4520 said:

Hi everyone hope youre all doing well sorry its been a bit since i been here but something new in 2010 for you all 

enjoy the weekend stay safe and support your small business as best you can :)

Thank you! :D

BTW I have started adding a lot of 1988, if anyone sees any incorrect dates let me know! I haven't watched all of them yet.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Erica Hope's Nikki looks like another version of Trish Clayton.

Interesting that DD didn't pick any Lauren scenes.

Nina Arvensen. Such a beautiful lady.

Am I crazy to think that Bill Bell planned to kill off Kay and have Jill arrested, but decided to give this story to a different group of characters. Same with Victor Newman's death that was given to George Rawlings?

1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

Thank you! :D

BTW I have started adding a lot of 1988, if anyone sees any incorrect dates let me know! I haven't watched all of them yet.

you’re welcome 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, SoapDope said:

Or trailer trash.....LOL She did give Paul VD.  I can picture her wearing a tube top, satin short shorts while getting high with Paul out by the school dumpsters and then making it with him in the back of his Van and/or Trans-Am. 

Hauser was trashing his time on Y&R in the 90's and complained that he went shirtless on the show once, and then was never asked to do so again. He said they show probably did not like what they had seen.....LOL The late 70's and early 80's had some questionable casting choices on soaps. I guess that explains Anthony Geary. 

I can't stand Hauser. I hated him the day he appeared, and my opinion hasn't changed. They were never really able to recast Greg properly. Brian Kerwin only lasted 6 months, and Howard McGillin didn't last much longer. Wings Hauser just has the face of a ferrett and such a ham-fisted scenery chewing acting style that made me cringe every time he was on. 

2 hours ago, alphanguy74 said:

I can't stand Hauser. I hated him the day he appeared, and my opinion hasn't changed. They were never really able to recast Greg properly. Brian Kerwin only lasted 6 months, and Howard McGillin didn't last much longer. Wings Hauser just has the face of a ferrett and such a ham-fisted scenery chewing acting style that made me cringe every time he was on. 

Hauser was atrocious; by far the worst of the men recast as Greg Foster. Kerwin was nice looking but totally bland, so I never cared for him one way or the other. McGillin was cute (in a boy-next-door kind of way), sweet, and a good actor. I was starting to think that he would work out...and then the show dropped him.

13 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Yeah, Melody played Nikki as a ditzy girl that was gullible. Sweet, manipulative, and her own worst enemy.  Even in the 1982 episodes, you still saw that Nikki...but by the late 80s..that had completely gone away.

You never see true character evolutions anymore like that.

Oh man, watching those old 1982-3 episodes during the middle of the year, I was fascinated by how different Nikki was back then. And you’re right, as the years evolved and she became more dependant on Victor for her happiness, you could see how that side of her personality just gradually vanished.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:22 PM, anon4520 said:

hey friends another batch for you :) bless you all

Thanks! Just wondering, do you have January 5, 2010 and January 18, 2010? They are missing from the vault, I wonder if you, or whoever uploaded them, forgot to upload them or just didn't have them.

Edited by BoldRestless
On 12/6/2020 at 1:48 PM, anon4520 said:

2010-05

Does anyone know how early in the years before 2005 that Nick/sharon first started interacting with Phyllis cause i don't remember her ever being in there orbit all those other years. Mostly due to Phyllis being in the abbott orbit but i think i remember a scene from 2004 where Nick/Phyllis talk but perhaps that scene gave them ideas to maybe get her involved with him a year later.

3 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

I have most of them in my favorites list: https://archive.org/details/fav-boldrestless

Wow, thank you so much @BoldRestless ! I will save this link and refer back to it. Very helpful as archive.org doesn’t have the best search function.

This brings me to a related question for everyone… so I’m kind of obsessed with the year 2000 for YR (Tricia unraveling; Matt Clark; Dru’s return; Phyllis’ return when she was actually not annoying and I really didn’t mind her at all; Penn Badgley as Phillip IV; the last year for both the fabulous Tricia Cast and the fabulous Alex Donnelley) and there sadly is not a ton available online.

Here is what I show for 2000 on archive.org (thanks again BoldRestless) and what is in the Vault.
Also there’s a Billy/Mac clip channel here with a good amount from 2000. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUIiWuU3PT1ZUznXis5mS2w

Am I missing anything?

Archive.org
1/10/00
2/10/00
2/11/00
2/17/00
3/13/00
3/24/00
3/30/00
4/14/00
5/29/00
6/2/00