• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Since I couldn't put it on the vault here it is on YouTube:

So glad to see this, plus the other small number of complete '70s episodes in the vault.

Edited by trainman
4 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Wow this is soo amazing this is my second time seeing a 1978 episode this year thank you kindly, i wanna see more soo bad.

I never ever heard of those 2 other ladies that were speaking in the kitchen, how long were they on and who were they more connected to? And did anything explosive happen in there storyline?

4 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Thank you, much appreciated!

Seeing John McCook in 1978 and his voice is practically identical to today is so surreal.

13 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Oof, I was worried something like this would happen! Let me investigate. Worst case scenario is I have to migrate everything to a new vault but I've been keeping an active backup. It might take me a few days - hang tight everyone!

Update: As it turns out, the storage on the vault has been reduced from 5TB to 1TB. One of the joys of purchasing OneDrive Business Accounts through eBay is dealing with kinks like this. Let me purchase another one, and I will migrate everything there. It'll take some time to migrate the data as I'm limited to my own internet speed (thankfully I have fiber internet).

Thanks for that @ChickenNuggetz92, and definitely let us know when it's back up and running/new access codes and all that. Appreciating all the work you've put into this project, especially with the corporations so desperate to keep everything hidden as of late!

5 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

This is so amazing as well. THANK YOU!

4 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Wow John Mccook was hot!

Sorry Soaplovers but I don't get John McCook's appeal.

To think if JM hadn't left Y&R in 1980, we might not have gotten Eric Braeden.

VAULT UPDATE

Hi everyone! I am happy to report that I got a new OneDrive account set up and migration of the Vault is now complete! I've just sent out link invitations to people who have previously requested direct access. The links in my signature have now been updated. You may now upload again, as usual - hopefully I won't have to do this process again in a while haha. Please spread the word to those who might now know this yet.

Thanks!

Brad

About Larry and Linda Larkin who appeared in the 1978 episode recently posted. They were on for 6 months (April-September 1978)

Linda Larkin first appeared as a friend of Greg Foster’s in April 1978. Greg feared that the man who hired Linda was more interested in her body than her working ability. Linda’s husband, Larry, told her though that he was proud she was working. When her boss tried to put a move on her, a shocked Linda left her job and Larry forbade her to find another one.

Dr. Snapper Foster worried that his brother Greg was seeing more than a friendly interest in Linda. The ordeal she lived made Linda think through what she wanted in her life. She admitted to Larry that she felt trapped in her marriage. After Linda left Larry, Greg hired her to work in his office but Snapper thought it was a mistake as Greg had fallen in love with Linda. However, because of the children, Linda decided to move back in. Greg gave Linda advice on how to save her marriage.

Larry admitted to his wife that he also had felt trapped in their marriage. — having to work and support a family and fight the feeling he wasn’t getting anywhere — but he was frightened when she decided to change her life, and he wanted avoid a divorce. They decided to give it another try and the Larkins last appeared in September 1978.

11 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

VAULT UPDATE

Hi everyone! I am happy to report that I got a new OneDrive account set up and migration of the Vault is now complete! I've just sent out link invitations to people who have previously requested direct access. The links in my signature have now been updated. You may now upload again, as usual - hopefully I won't have to do this process again in a while haha. Please spread the word to those who might now know this yet.

Thanks!

Brad

Thank you very much!

6 minutes ago, FrenchFan said:

About Larry and Linda Larkin who appeared in the 1978 episode recently posted. They were on for 6 months (April-September 1978)

Linda Larkin first appeared as a friend of Greg Foster’s in April 1978. Greg feared that the man who hired Linda was more interested in her body than her working ability. Linda’s husband, Larry, told her though that he was proud she was working. When her boss tried to put a move on her, a shocked Linda left her job and Larry forbade her to find another one.

Dr. Snapper Foster worried that his brother Greg was seeing more than a friendly interest in Linda. The ordeal she lived made Linda think through what she wanted in her life. She admitted to Larry that she felt trapped in her marriage. After Linda left Larry, Greg hired her to work in his office but Snapper thought it was a mistake as Greg had fallen in love with Linda. However, because of the children, Linda decided to move back in. Greg gave Linda advice on how to save her marriage.

Larry admitted to his wife that he also had felt trapped in their marriage. — having to work and support a family and fight the feeling he wasn’t getting anywhere — but he was frightened when she decided to change her life, and he wanted avoid a divorce. They decided to give it another try and the Larkins last appeared in September 1978.

Thank you for this synopsis. It saved me the trouble of writing a similar one up, myself. :)

I never understood the point of bringing the Larkins in. They barely did anything, they were not terribly well-developed, and then they just suddenly reconciled and disappeared, never to be seen or heard of again. Bill Bell was probably going for a Greg/Linda romance, but there was no chemistry there at all. Both the actors playing Linda and Larry were bland. I did not miss them when they left. 

44 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

VAULT UPDATE

Thanks!

Brad

I'm amazed you were able to set it back up just the way it was so fast! THANK YOU!

It sounds like 1978 was another transition year of sorts for the show.  I had never seen heard of the Larkins before...but I also had no idea Andy had an ex wife when he was dating Jill in 1981/82..who was being tested with Lucas.

Bill Bell seemed to introduce characters and gradually worked them into the show.  If they clicked, they became leads...if they didn't.. they faded back into the woodwork.