DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

Mr Mom's coverage of the Victor/Nikki/Kevin triangle.

It's funny how at the end even the kids want to know who the father of Nikki's baby (Victoria) is

"Kevin's a skunk!"

"Kevin gets all the girls!"

"Sure got Nikki!"

Edited by Dion

3 hours ago, Dion said:

It's funny how at the end even the kids want to know who the father of Nikki's baby (Victoria) is

"Kevin's a skunk!"

"Kevin gets all the girls!"

"Sure got Nikki!"

Isn’t that how we all get into soaps though? 😏😜

Can someone pm me the link to the vault? There was a fantastic Terry Lester episode where he was working with Dina against Jabot, and he was slimey with young Cricket and a bastard. So I’m really interested in watching the original Jack and Patty storyline. Bergman’s Jack is the only one I’ve watched and his Jack is always madly in love with everyone.

Terry Lester's Jack was madly in lust with everyone.

In that vault, there are some full episodes of 1982 that show the Jack and Patty story...including one where she was determined to get pregnant cause she had nothing else in her life.  The desperation was clearly evident even when her father tried talking sense to her.  Seeing these 1982 and 1983 scenes..I can buy Patty going crazy in the 2000s.  Both LS and AE play that in their versions of Patty...it's subtle and underlying.

I wish the Patty and Traci confrontation resulting in Traci losing the baby surfaces...so I can see how AE plays the scenes because she latched onto Danny quickly after the divorce from Jack.

I randomly ran across this clip on Twitter while I was searching for a Nikki clip. Does anyone know if this full episode is in the vault?

1 hour ago, Vizion said:

I randomly ran across this clip on Twitter while I was searching for a Nikki clip. Does anyone know if this full episode is in the vault?

I think that episode is out there, but the end is missing. Cuts off during this scene with Nikki and Jack. Might be April. Pretty sure it was posted in this forum if not in the vault

5 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Can someone pm me the link to the vault? There was a fantastic Terry Lester episode where he was working with Dina against Jabot, and he was slimey with young Cricket and a bastard. So I’m really interested in watching the original Jack and Patty storyline. Bergman’s Jack is the only one I’ve watched and his Jack is always madly in love with everyone.

https://bit.ly/2A3Bnhv

Hopefully this works, let me know

36 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

That episode comes from archive.org I believe it's March or April 1986.

Thank you. 

What was happening at that time? Jack was really in love with Nikki? 

6 hours ago, Vizion said:

Thank you. 

What was happening at that time? Jack was really in love with Nikki? 

From what I recall, Jack had just been fired from Jabot for his role in John and Jill’s ongoing divorce (the hookup he and Jill had a couple of years earlier). I think Jill was shot around this time if not a little later.

And also, Nikki and Jack had been having an on-off again affair due to Nikki’s insecurities with Victor and Ashley.

Edited by OzFrog

14 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

Terry Lester's Jack was madly in lust with everyone.

In that vault, there are some full episodes of 1982 that show the Jack and Patty story...including one where she was determined to get pregnant cause she had nothing else in her life.  The desperation was clearly evident even when her father tried talking sense to her.  Seeing these 1982 and 1983 scenes..I can buy Patty going crazy in the 2000s.  Both LS and AE play that in their versions of Patty...it's subtle and underlying.

I wish the Patty and Traci confrontation resulting in Traci losing the baby surfaces...so I can see how AE plays the scenes because she latched onto Danny quickly after the divorce from Jack.

As we speak, our mysterious benefactor has started to upload 1984 clips. They’re up to February-May at the moment. If they continue as they are now, I believe we will eventually see those scenes surface (the confrontation happened in November 1984).

The amount of 80s clips being uploaded is mindblowing. Not even a fraction of this material was ever on YouTube beforehand. this is such a goldmine! We are so spoiled! And greedy for wanting to see the full episodes now. Lol

Clips 48a/48b were uploaded last night. Fyi the full episode titled “Victor, Paul and Andy rescue Nikki from Rick Daros” is available for viewing at the Museum of TV/Paley in NYC, and I watched it there a few years ago. Much of the episode is not included in these clips… here’s my recollection:

The ep begins with Traci having a flashback of a conversation she had with Jack. Jack confesses that he had Tim Sullivan investigated, and discovered that Tim’s ex-protegee had accused him of sexual harassment.
Traci then meets up with Amy at the college café and explains the situation. Traci fully believes in Tim’s innocence but wants to find this woman to ask her why she would make such an unfounded accusation. Amy is concerned and offers to go along with Traci, but Traci says no.
There’s a couple of scenes of Traci going around town trying to find this lady. Once she finds her, this scene is included in 48a, and we see that her story shakes Traci’s confidence in Tim.

Meanwhile, Amy meets up with Jazz for a date. Amy isn’t interested romantically in Jazz – she’s just being friendly and polite. Jazz is very nervous and is trying to seem more educated/sophisticated. Amy tells him to just relax and be himself. Jazz drops Amy off at home. Jazz starts to leave but runs smack into Amy’s dad Frank, who gives Jazz a stern warning about getting involved with Amy.