DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

38 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

I do know John/Jill/Ashley went to Victor and Ashley's wedding..so it appeared they knew of one another on some level.

I think Victor and Jabot start interacting more in the fall of 1984 on a business level..but it's 1985 where the Jack/Nikki/Ashley/Victor takes off.

Ashley spent much of 1984 dealing with two men vying for her..while Jack is finishing his marriage to Patty and interacting with Lindsay..while Victor/Nikki deal with his mom coming into his life, etc.

Y & 4 was more like real life..everyone living in their own orbits and than poof..they interact.

Thats what made it so interesting atleast back then, i love seeing the cross overs between most of these characters

53 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Does anyone know who the actresses were playing Katherine's friends at her December 1982 Christmas party in the vault?

Is that the one where she goes ballistic on Jill??😁

Here's another obscure question - anyone know if little Jennifer Foster (Snapper and Chris' baby) was ever seen? In these '82 clips, she's not even mentioned, and she should have been walking and talking by then...

Edited by yrfan1983

17 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Here's another obscure question - anyone know if little Jennifer Foster (Snapper and Chris' baby) was ever seen? In these '82 clips, she's not even mentioned, and she should have been walking and talking by then...

I read that Lynn Topping Richter (Chris) twins played Jennifer onscreen, but like you have never seen their daughter onscreen. I just watched some early 83 clips and Julia and Nikki are arguing over Victor. Eventually they became good friends. Rick Darros looks like he could be the brother to Michael Scott. Rick tells Allison he is a writer. Randy Holland who played Rick was a Y&R writer along with Meg Bennett (Julia). 

1 hour ago, YRfan23 said:

Is that the one where she goes ballistic on Jill??😁

Katherine played it so wrong attacking Jill and making Jill sympathetic lol. Would have been smarter to let Jill prance around as people slowly find out she had slept with Phillip and had his child, and then they would all think poor Kay having to endure that. But Kay couldn't help herself!

1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

Katherine played it so wrong attacking Jill and making Jill sympathetic lol. Would have been smarter to let Jill prance around as people slowly find out she had slept with Phillip and had his child, and then they would all think poor Kay having to endure that. But Kay couldn't help herself!

Yeah I wish we had seen more about Kay's motives in that scene. She spends the whole time admitting she was a drunk who slept with stable boys and makes Jill seem saintly. Then attacks her, of course everyone is on Jill's side. Seems so out of character for Kay. She never took responsibility for things with Phillip

Also she seems almost scared to see Jill in that later scene when Jill comes to visit her

Edited by will81

Did anyone like the police corruption/mob storyline from 1982/1983? I get that action/adventure was a big thing on daytime in the 1980s but I find that this type of story doesn't really suit Y&R, it's more of a General Hospital or Days type of story. The 1980s trend Y&R did right was the Dallas/Dynasty influence with Victor, Jabot, and the Abbotts, as that set in motion Y&R as we know it today.

3 minutes ago, kalbir said:

Did anyone like the police corruption/mob storyline from 1982/1983? I get that action/adventure was a big thing on daytime in the 1980s but I find that this type of story doesn't really suit Y&R, it's more of a General Hospital or Days type of story. The 1980s trend Y&R did right was the Dallas/Dynasty influence with Victor, Jabot, and the Abbotts, as that set in motion Y&R as we know it today.

I liked it, and enjoyed the climax to the story at the "ranch".  One similar story I didn't like as well though was the Tyrone Jackson / Mr. Anthony story, where Tyrone was posing as a white guy by using make-up to infiltrate the syndicate.  Really?...  That story kind of "jumped the shark" I felt.

May 7 1980 cast List

Lorie

Monique

Lance

Michael

Victor

Julia

Vanessa

Stuart

Liz

Waiter #1

Waiter # 2

3 Musicians

Edith

Baby Brooks

Brock

This is when John McCook returned briefly.

deborah-adair-lilibet-stern-terry_1_beca

1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

May 7 1980 cast List

Lorie

Monique

Lance

Michael

Victor

Julia

Vanessa

Stuart

Liz

Waiter #1

Waiter # 2

3 Musicians

Edith

Baby Brooks

Brock

This is when John McCook returned briefly.

deborah-adair-lilibet-stern-terry_1_beca

Have you seen the episode ?

5 hours ago, SoapDope said:

I read that Lynn Topping Richter (Chris) twins played Jennifer onscreen, but like you have never seen their daughter onscreen. I just watched some early 83 clips and Julia and Nikki are arguing over Victor. Eventually they became good friends. Rick Darros looks like he could be the brother to Michael Scott. Rick tells Allison he is a writer. Randy Holland who played Rick was a Y&R writer along with Meg Bennett (Julia). 

Oh really!? Never knew that Randy Holland started as an actor... there’s quite a lot Y&R writers then who did. Very interesting!

Just catching up on the recent 1983 clips that were uploaded.

Julia and Nikki’s chat at the penthouse = 😂😂😂. My god Nikki was almost possessive of Victor even back then. But Julia handled her like a pro. Although I have to ask - what was this “trip” all about that Julia and Victor are going on?

Alison Bancroft is *evil* AF. And now I see how Rick Darros was introduced.

Question = wasn’t Tony DiSalvo involved in one of Eve’s later schemes? I’m sure I’d seen his name mentioned in connection with her somewhere. 

3 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

Oh really!? Never knew that Randy Holland started as an actor... there’s quite a lot Y&R writers then who did. Very interesting!

He was writing the show at the same time he started playing Rick. Meg started writing for the show after she left in 1981. I remember reading an interview that said she was not allowed to write for her own character. I say the same went for Randy Holland. 

Nikki treats Kevin like crap and doesn't care. She complains he's too nice of a guy, like that is a huge character flaw. I wonder why Bell did not put Kevin with Julia at some point ? Victor thinks a lot of him and may have approved after he and Nikki married. 

1 minute ago, SoapDope said:

Nikki treats Kevin like crap and doesn't care. She complains he's too nice of a guy, like that is a huge character flaw. I wonder why Bell did not put Kevin with Julia at some point ? Victor thinks a lot of him and may have approved after he and Nikki married. 

I think as someone said earlier in this thread, it is literally the story of Dimwit & Dimwit.