DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

3 hours ago, FrenchFan said:

About Derek, he tried to get his hands on Chancellor Industries but when Kay came back from the dead (the Felipe story), she showed Derek his true colors and threw him out the Chancellor Estate. That's all I think.

Did they mend fences on his way out?  When he paid her a visit right before the Newman wedding, they both seemed very cordial and happy to see each other, like nothing bad even happened.

1 minute ago, trainman said:

Did they mend fences on his way out?  When he paid her a visit right before the Newman wedding, they both seemed very cordial and happy to see each other, like nothing bad even happened.

I think she just "outgrew" him and told him his gravy train had come to an end, best for him to move on.   But she did seem happy to see him again during the Newman wedding.  

I love the scene where Eve tries to stab Victor after he reveals he is alive. The men in white coats come to take her away. Eve acts as though she is going away on a little vacation. I wish I could remember the line she say's something like " Yes, that would be quite lovely"

1 hour ago, SoapDope said:

I love the scene where Eve tries to stab Victor after he reveals he is alive. The men in white coats come to take her away. Eve acts as though she is going away on a little vacation. I wish I could remember the line she say's something like " Yes, that would be quite lovely"

Before that, when the nurse pulls away the knife, Eve yells at her "Oh, you crazy woman!!" 🤣

5 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

Before that, when the nurse pulls away the knife, Eve yells at her "Oh, you crazy woman!!" 🤣

Yes. I hope that scene turns up again. Margaret Mason was brilliant as crazy Eve. 

9 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

I think so - Eve and Charles were roommates with Jill and Phillip at the Foster house! There was a synopsis mention circa summer 1981 that Jack saw Charles at the Foster house but assumed Charles was Phillip

I remember one synopsis from 1980 said something like " The arrangement should work out fine, since they are both unwed mothers".....LOL Imagine that being printed today. 

On 8/4/2020 at 7:22 AM, kalbir said:

I don't think anything further happened with Kevin and Ashley other than those scenes at the Newman Towers construction site and the Jabot lab. Not long after Ashley was paired with that chemist Brian but was another pairing that didn't last.

There was also a scene with Jack bringing flowers to Julia but I don't think anything came of that either. I wonder if Jack knew during Julia's Jabot modelling days that Julia was married to Victor. There was a scene where Victor mentioned Jabot and John Abbott so Victor knew of the Abbotts but Victor wasn't placed in the Abbotts orbit until 1984.

Julia mentions Jack coming to see her later on in a conversation. She says Jack was the one who lured her back to Genoa City though a job at Jabot. Jack did know her during her modelling days. He and Jill worked on Michael Scott and Julia Newman's ad campaign. There was some slight cross over with Jill getting very briefly involved with the Newman story, partly through work and partly through Eve.

Seeing DA as Jill been nice.  But seeing her face off against Katherine was interesting.  I felt more sympathy for Jill than Katherine.  

Usually in Katherine and Jill scenes...I usually think both are at fault...so it was interesting seeing how changing an actor can change the dynamic of a feud.

With BD, Jill was colder and her fury was contained in cold and nasty putdowns.  Like Ice.

With DA, Jill seems more vulnerable..like a wounded bird.  Effective technique imho

With JW, Jill is fiery and driven to emotional outbursts.

These different takes on Jill changed the dynamic between Jill and Katherine.

Jill and Katherine were also out of each other's orbit for a while too, I think from BD's first departure until DA's Jill married John.

2 hours ago, will81 said:

Julia mentions Jack coming to see her later on in a conversation. She says Jack was the one who lured her back to Genoa City though a job at Jabot. Jack did know her during her modelling days. He and Jill worked on Michael Scott and Julia Newman's ad campaign. There was some slight cross over with Jill getting very briefly involved with the Newman story, partly through work and partly through Eve.

I loved seeing Julia say that, and to see what victor was gonna say next but i assume victor by this time has heard of jack but not enough to discourage her away from him lol.

1 hour ago, Soaplovers said:

With DA, Jill seems more vulnerable..like a wounded bird.  Effective technique imho

Agreed - I know to some, DA's Jill can seem to be "too nice" but I see layers to DA's performance, and there is a scrappy fighter underneath the pleasant surface.

22 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I loved seeing Julia say that, and to see what victor was gonna say next but i assume victor by this time has heard of jack but not enough to discourage her away from him lol.

One would think Victor would know of Jack's playboy reputation but for whatever reason it wasn't mentioned. 1980-1983 Victor knew of Jabot and the Abbotts but he wasn't placed in their orbit until 1984 and the rest is history.

38 minutes ago, kalbir said:

One would think Victor would know of Jack's playboy reputation but for whatever reason it wasn't mentioned. 1980-1983 Victor knew of Jabot and the Abbotts but he wasn't placed in their orbit until 1984 and the rest is history.

And it would have been interesting if victor and jack had crossed paths because of Julia if jack was in her orbit long enough

I do know John/Jill/Ashley went to Victor and Ashley's wedding..so it appeared they knew of one another on some level.

I think Victor and Jabot start interacting more in the fall of 1984 on a business level..but it's 1985 where the Jack/Nikki/Ashley/Victor takes off.

Ashley spent much of 1984 dealing with two men vying for her..while Jack is finishing his marriage to Patty and interacting with Lindsay..while Victor/Nikki deal with his mom coming into his life, etc.

Y & 4 was more like real life..everyone living in their own orbits and than poof..they interact.