DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

1 hour ago, FrenchFan said:

To go with the episodes, summary from March 1982. If you are interested, I will try to post the following months.

MARCH 1982

This is great!  Do you have earlier summaries, and are they on a website?

13 minutes ago, trainman said:

This is great!  Do you have earlier summaries, and are they on a website?

They are just the synopses published on SOD. Someone scanned them all on another soap forum. I just tried to put them together to become monthly summaries.

I posted all 1975 and with @will81 most of 1974. It is in the « look into the past » thread.

1 hour ago, FrenchFan said:

They are just the synopses published on SOD. Someone scanned them all on another soap forum. I just tried to put them together to become monthly summaries.

I posted all 1975 and with @will81 most of 1974. It is in the « look into the past » thread.

I have been reading them and again thanks for taking the time to put them up, it's a lot of material I never knew about so it was like fresh to me.

4 hours ago, trainman said:

I agree with most of this.  Never liked "Karen", and never liked McGillan as Greg.  Lucas & Lorie could have been a couple at the end, but anyway...  Too bad we never saw Stuart again after 1982.

Yes "karen" was clearly just that random character that was there to fill in the space they needed and she could leave after and nobody should care much lol.

Yes i could definitely see Lorie and Lucas being a couple but that never happened.

Well technically Stuart was on until 83 but I would like to see some his last scenes on the show.

1 minute ago, BoldRestless said:

Was Andy married when he came on the show? I don't get the point of the Karen character and the marriage.

Yes he was married to Karen. She was unfaithful I think. The story was mostly Karen not giving Andy his divorce.

1 minute ago, FrenchFan said:

Yes he was married to Karen. She was unfaithful I think. The story was mostly Karen not giving Andy his divorce.

Maybe he was only married so that Jill would be with a married man yet again. :D

1 minute ago, BoldRestless said:

Maybe he was only married so that Jill would be with a married man yet again. :D

Ah ah maybe. I think she was mostly a foil in Andy/Jill relationship until Jill was moved to John again in 1982.

7 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Mainly 2004-04-02 (classic airing today) and 2004-04-05! No big deal if you can't find it - it's bound to show up again.

Also added 2002-02-20 and 2002-02-21 to the vault!

Cool, I have three May 2002 videos coming up that I need to edit to complement this. :D

I looked through all the 2004 I had and didn't see those, but I did upload today and yesterday's classics to the vault.

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

Yes "karen" was clearly just that random character that was there to fill in the space they needed and she could leave after and nobody should care much lol.

Yes i could definitely see Lorie and Lucas being a couple but that never happened.

Well technically Stuart was on until 83 but I would like to see some his last scenes on the show.

Stuart's last scene I recall was him and Liz heading out the door of the Brooks house, ready to head off to live in England (where Snapper & Kris moved to IIRC).  Never again saw him or the Brooks house.  I thought it was late '82, but may have been '83.  I don't know.

50 minutes ago, trainman said:

Stuart's last scene I recall was him and Liz heading out the door of the Brooks house, ready to head off to live in England (where Snapper & Kris moved to IIRC).  Never again saw him or the Brooks house.  I thought it was late '82, but may have been '83.  I don't know.

Someone mentioned that they read once in a synopsis that Stuart and Liz met up on Memorial Day 1983 but decided not to reconcile. Sounds like that would have been his last appearance. Stuart must have left w/o Liz because she stayed on the show til winter '85. When the Brooks girls came back for the '84 Victor/Nikki wedding, Stuart was not mentioned.  We saw Liz again in May '86 when Jill was shot. I think it was said she was living in England w/Snapper and Chris, but again no mention of Stuart 😕

1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

Cool, I have three May 2002 videos coming up that I need to edit to complement this. :D

I looked through all the 2004 I had and didn't see those, but I did upload today and yesterday's classics to the vault.

By chance do you have any 2004 episodes with Joan Van Ark as Gloria? I’ve been dying to see her again and can’t find anything.