Jump to content


DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

What where Beth’s airfares as Traci between 1987 and 1996? Apparently she left and came back in 87 before leaving again in 93? I wonder why the show never had Traci be as prominent after that?


She first left in the fall of 1989 but then came back in late summer/early autumn 1990 before leaving again late summer 1992, with short term returns in 93, ‘94, and 96. 

I had wondered why Traci was never recast but by the time Traci was leaving out in the early 90’s with so many ladies like Nina, Christine, Dru, Olivia, and Victoria in play the character Traci had been eclipsed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

What where Beth’s airfares as Traci between 1987 and 1996? Apparently she left and came back in 87 before leaving again in 93? I wonder why the show never had Traci be as prominent after that?

Traci left town around May/Jun 87 for about six months. The character went to Stamford. Jack went to visit her around thanksgiving to pursuade her to return for Christmas.

 

Traci left again with Tim Sullivan in Dec 89 and returned solo in Sep 90, just as Ashley was about say yes or no to Brad's proposal

 

Traci left with Colleen in Aug 92 for NYC, but I think she was on recurring or still on contract and appeared sporadically before returning in Jan 1993. I can't remember when she left, but she was there in early 1994 for the whole Brad's heart attack story and left shortly after that around summer 94 (I think June 94 but not sure). She returned around Feb/Mar 1995 when John had his heart attack but left within a month or so and returned again in Spring 96 when Dina returned, but again it was a short return. 

Edited by will81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, will81 said:

Traci left town around May/Jun 87 for about six months. The character went to Stamford. Jack went to visit her around thanksgiving to pursuade her to return for Christmas.

 

Traci left again with Tim Sullivan in Dec 89 and returned solo in Sep 90, just as Ashley was about say yes or no to Brad's proposal

 

Traci left with Colleen in Aug 92 for NYC, but I think she was on recurring or still on contract and appeared sporadically before returning in Jan 1993. I can't remember when she left, but she was there in early 1994 for the whole Brad's heart attack story and left shortly after that around summer 94 (I think June 94 but not sure). She returned around Feb/Mar 1995 when John had his heart attack but left within a month or so and returned again in Spring 96 when Dina returned, but again it was a short return. 

@feuxdelamour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debbie Allen tweeted a throwback clip of her B'way performance of West Side Story which also included Stephanie E. Williams (Amy Lewis) as a featured dancer.  Stephanie is the dancer in the checkered top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Debbie Allen tweeted a throwback clip of her B'way performance of West Side Story which also included Stephanie E. Williams (Amy Lewis) as a featured dancer.  Stephanie is the dancer in the checkered top.

Have seen this a few times and had no idea Stephanie was in this, just amazing, there is also footage from the Today show from 1980 as well. Thanks for sharing

 

17 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Apparently Monica Potter debuted in June 1994, not March 1994. So how long was her duration as Sharon? What about Heidi Mark? 
http://www.feuxdelamour.com/guide.pdf

I thought Monica was there very briefly, like a few weeks or less, they apparently wanted her back but there was some sort of miscommunication that occured. 

 

Here is the first mention I could find of her from July 10, 1994

 

 

The_Oshkosh_Northwestern_Sun__Jul_10__1994_.jpg

Edited by will81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here is another one. I could not find anything about Heidi Marks other than this, but Monica Potter was on from around the week of June 27, 1994 and Sharon Case from probably early Aug, it would seem neither Potter or Marks were on for very long. 

 

I will check my 1994 SOD issues and see if they had anything in more detail.

 

This article is from Aug 26, 1994

The_Province_Fri__Aug_26__1994_.jpg

Edited by will81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed someone was trying to upload episodes from 2000 and 2003 to the  Vault and they're not working (which I assume they know cause they tried multiple times). Maybe I can help? If that person is in here, you can post or PM me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this SOD and ever since reading that article, I always picture Bergman literally cursing and throwing stuff at those poor kids of his, whenever they dare to interrupt his "homework"!  😳😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...