Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember being so shocked whenever the soap magazines would say that Y&R didn't have humor like the other shows. It was hilarious but it was more the subtleties in the writing than having some obvious "comic relief character" (or God forbid, animal) come out. I mean, GH literally ruined the episode with Stone's death with scenes of Sigmund the freaking duck.

I actually do have that clip saved! Here you go. In all seriousness, I love that Esther was trying to take care of Kay, and even later went to school to be a substance abuse counselor.

You never cease to amaze me, YRfan23! How do you not only keep track of all the air dates, but actually remember where to find specific lines in specific shows!?

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Yeah, it does seem like her conversation with Patty and Paul didn't seem to be a typical conversation you'd see on the Young and the Restless.  

With that said, I did like in those two episodes from 1980 a good contrast between the Have's (Abbots/Katherine), the social climbers (Jill), and the Have nots (The Williams).  I know that the 80s was more about seeing the larger than life characters and wealthy characters.. but not focusing on realistic working class characters in the 80s kind of short-changed the soaps long term.