DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

31 minutes ago, SoapDope said:

If he saw something he did not like onscreen, when the show was over he would pick up the phone and call the control booth and eat John Conboy up over it. 

Ah, yes.  Conboy and Bell.  A love story for the ages.

1 hour ago, SoapDope said:

If he saw something he did not like onscreen, when the show was over he would pick up the phone and call the control booth and eat John Conboy up over it.

Another thing he learned from Irna! (at least he never addressed the actors by their character names - I hope)

1 hour ago, BuckyB12 said:

Another thing he learned from Irna! (at least he never addressed the actors by their character names - I hope)

According to MTS he did!

2 hours ago, SoapDope said:

Did he call collect, like Irna always did? ;)

16 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Totally. I often see Y&R very unfavorably compared to, say, a Nixon soap in terms of humor, and I remember laughing out loud at Y&R a LOT growing up. 

I remember being so shocked whenever the soap magazines would say that Y&R didn't have humor like the other shows. It was hilarious but it was more the subtleties in the writing than having some obvious "comic relief character" (or God forbid, animal) come out. I mean, GH literally ruined the episode with Stone's death with scenes of Sigmund the freaking duck.

16 hours ago, kalbir said:

One LOL moment was when Esther was on a health food kick and Brock snuck into the mansion a bucket of fried chicken. Does anyone else remember that?

I actually do have that clip saved! Here you go. In all seriousness, I love that Esther was trying to take care of Kay, and even later went to school to be a substance abuse counselor.

15 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Yes! that scene use to be around...

A lot of the lines Katherine and Jill would spew out always make me laugh! 

You never cease to amaze me, YRfan23! How do you not only keep track of all the air dates, but actually remember where to find specific lines in specific shows!?

Edited by BoldRestless

5 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

I remember being so shocked whenever the soap magazines would say that Y&R didn't have humor like the other shows. It was hilarious but it was more the subtleties in the writing than having some obvious "comic relief character" (or God forbid, animal) come out. I mean, GH literally ruined the episode with Stone's death with scenes of Sigmund the freaking duck.

I actually do have that clip saved! Here you go. In all seriousness, I love that Esther was trying to take care of Kay, and even later went to school to be a substance abuse counselor.

You never cease to amaze me, YRfan23! How do you not only keep track of all the air dates, but actually remember where to find specific lines in specific shows!?

LOL it's a gift!!! :D  I just have these shows engraved in my mind...haha

thanks for saving that clip!! :D it was a hoot first time I saw it! 

On 2/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, SoapDope said:

It seems like there were more segments, but I could only find two. 

That would be fantastic if we could get the other segments because 1980 was a blast up to 1982 period, lol the often called the transitional years