Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I've been watching a lot of 70's stuff on youtube and didn't realize how many times Jess Walton worked with Colby Chester (Michael Crawford) before they were together on Y&R. Jess must have been a contract player with Colby at Universal along with Sharon Gless, Lindsay Wagner, Darlene Carr etc...

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What Kristoff said about Lynn...Buzzworthy radio August 2009

I really enjoyed the Lynn Marie Latham year and a half that she was there. Never did I work more. We were starting to get back to the roots of my character and my family. One thing that's mising in the Winter's family is the clan itself, and black culture. Lynn and I talked about that for quite some time. Let's put some church into it, some God, not too much, we don't want to ram it down anyone's throat, but you want to get something there. We need to be on par with the Newmans and Abbotts.

If you look at the storyline on our show with Adam and Rafe. That whole thing peted out and turned out to be such a crock. And forgive me for going there with it, but if you're giong to do a gay storyline on the show, then do something topical and current. And what could be more topical than Proposition 8 in California but doing a same sex marriage thing. You don't have to go there with that character whose going through so many things - being blind, screwing over Victor, doing the thing with Mary Jane, the baby with Ashley - man, come on. Don't cheat the audience out of a really hot, good storyline that would reflect what is actually happening out there in our world and in our nation. That's the kind of stuff that bugs me. Maybe Hogan Sheffer wants to write comical stuff with chipmunks and all that. If I get my head handed to me on a platter for saying this then so be it. We need to get more family-oriented, get back to the old school stuff, what originally made this show what it is before I got there.

• Members

She certainly played Victoria Rowell/Dru a lot, but I remember a lot of people complaining that she became a demeaning stereotype especially with her behavior towards Carmen Mesta (cutting up her clothes, the drunken rant at the party, roughing her up in the break room, etc.) Rowell played all that to the hilt, though.

• Members

She's the one whose material helped drive Victoria Rowell to quit. She was also there when they fired Davetta Sherwood and brought back CK. The main story for Neil then was that whole Carmen and her doppleganger mess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for letting me know.

Rick Darros should have shaved his back and shoulders before wearing that shirt. Loved the flashback from Kay to the 1970's and the scenes between Kay & Jill snipping at one another. Kay was trying so hard not to tear her throat out.......LOL I miss all the vintage background music.

• Members

Victoria Rowell quit because the cast refused to allow her on the ballot for an Emmy nomination after she had carried the show for a year. I don’t think she was too upset with the writing. LML did many bad things but I loved what she did with the Winters and how heavily she featured them. I feel like VR leaving is what killed her tenure since she’d lost her muse. I also don’t think Christel’s return is as her choice. 

• Members

LOL no problem!!

Please register in order to view this content

lots of good stuff, that all seems to be leading to the events at Victor/Nikki's first wedding! never thought we'd see any of it! 

I also loved Liz's dose of reality that Katherine chooses to be bitter about the past, and it makes her appear more "ugly" I do liked that Katherine tried, and Jill was the one who can't forget....without good reason, such great but heart-wrenching performances from Jeanne and Brenda....

I love seeing "action here" Victor working with Paul and Andy.....forgotten friendships and relationships, because the show refuses to show Victor's human side....

Love Lauren is the pot-stirring bitch...her exchanges with Jazz and Amy were fun!