• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but a former Y&R fan. I'm saying former as the show became unwatchable to me in 2013. The storylines were quite poorly written since 2006 in my opinion, but when JFP came over as an EP, she took the last element that I really enjoyed: the background music. I will never ever forgive her for doing that!

I have been watching Y&R since May 1990 and I am only FF-ing once every three weeks now (been doing this since 2013).

I would like to thank everyone who posted the vids and share ideas, I learned quite a bit about the Y&R history. With a bit of luck and help from my brother, I might be able to retrieve some Y&R episodes from 2003 and 2004 (Isabella's last scenes, Cameron SL etc.)

Meanwhile, I've always wanted to ask some of those who have religiously watched the show some questions:

1. When was it last when you heard the pre-JFP background music cues. The very last scene when I heard a cue before she retired everything was in August 2013 when Lauren had a nightmare about Carmine who escaped prison and came after her. I was reading on a different forum that some fans would've heard some pre-JFP cues in June 2014. How about you?

2. How do you find the show since Mal Young has taken over the writing from Sally Sussman? I'll be honest that I was ecstatic when I heard Sussman and Alden were coming back but I was quite disappointed about the very slow paced way the SL's were written. However, when Mal Young took over, the show became utterly disgusting in my opinion.

3. Christine was a character that fascinated me from only one point of view: the number of harassers and stalkers she had over a 30-year period: Rose de Ville, Derek Stuart, David Kimble, Michael Baldwin, Phyllis Summers, Marylin Mason and Isabella Brana. There were quite a few. Oh, and those two weirdos Drucilla was stuck with in very early 1992. I've always been curious if these characters ever interacted or knew about each other. For sure Michael, Phyllis and Isabella interacted with each other, yet how about David and Derek (they were co-workers at Jabot in 1989)? Or did anyone mention David Kimble to Michael? Did Phyllis ever interact with Mary Jo/Marylin? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

• Members

Jill wasn’t a saint by any means but I do also hate how everyone in town did seem to think Katherine was this angel when long time viewers know better....it’s the same with Victor and how everyone turns a blind eye at all he’s done...

• Members

Amen! Jill was often a witch, but Y&R was so much better when the complexities of each character was acknowledged. Katherine was truly obsessive and bitter towards Jill, but she was also compassionate, kind, and not snobby despite her wealth and social standing. Jill was devious, rude, self involved, but was shown to have a heart and the ability to care for others. It was great.

I hated years later when they tried to literally strip it to "Jill was always so mean to poor Katherine". That, along with the weird way they made Katherine a staunch Victor cheerleader in her last decade or so, was really irritating. 

• Members

A lot of the problem with the Katherine & Jill situation was that most of Jill's friends left and/or were written off.

It wasn't so bad initially because Jill still worked at Newman so she interacted with a large part of the canvas but once the writers went with the mother/daughter twist and Jabot got rid of their Men's Line there was nothing left for Jill.

• Members

That's so true RE: Brad Bell making her a female Victor!

Please register in order to view this content

in fact I feel like Stephanie probably got away with far more then Victor has under Brad...

Edited by YRfan23