Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

My, my... Those dresses are terrible! So dated. Nolan Miller was the sophisticated peak of the '80s fashion and that was it.

If you two wanted colour, Sex and the City was full of it. Especially the films, which were "colourful" to the point of being garish and kitsch.

Colourful and opulent is also something Oscar de la Renta does and isn't as cheap as those clothes above. So colour isn't dead

On the other hand, work by such people as Mainbocher, Balenciaga, YSL, Givenchy, Dior, Norman Norrell – that's the elegant understatedness that alphan hates, but which is never boring and sterile. It's just tasteful.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Post them here, please! I have some more 70s stuff too but was trying to add other decades. I'd love to see more 70s things, there's so much out there and it's tough to find. I have a few other Tom Hallick things too I will try to post soon. I can't wait to see your articles.

• Members

Here is another test try. A picture of Snapper and Chris from 1973

YR733.jpg

Here is one more picture, then I will start doing articles. From the first week of the show. Stuart Brooks and Brad Elliot. Most everything is in black and white except for a couple of pics of the cast.

YR732.jpg