Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

That's nothing. After playing the lead role of Jo of SFT for DECADES, and after memorably bringing Aunt Meta back to TGL, the idiots at P&G/CBS could not even spell Mary Stuart's name right.

In her "tribute", they referred to her as Mary Stewart.

EGREGIOUS!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Alas, it's true. I started watching Y&R on its very first day, eager to see what the wonderful William J. Bell would do with a series of his own, after crafting such masterful stories at DAYS. I think that many longtime viewers have been turned off by the serious reduction in quality of the soaps, however, and drifted away many years ago.

• Members

I wasn't old enough to watch in the 70s (Phillip Chancellor began before I was born) but I definitely know who the character was.  And thankfully in the mid-late 90s especially, Y&R actually showed classic episodes and clips.

The Canadian fans seem the most effusive in their praise.  DR was a staple on Canadian television.  It's nice to see that he is being appreciated, even if little of it is coming from the soap world.

• Members

My mom started watching the firs day too in 1973. Around the year 2000 she lost interest. Bill Bell was no longer crafting the stories. 

That's nice they have high praise for him. My first memories of Y&R are around 1979/80. The Leslie/Lorie/Lance/Lucas thing was going on and Victor's was married to his first wife Julia. 

• 2 weeks later...