Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hi everyone - I made it back to Paley Center NYC again. I'm running out of old YR eps to watch, but found a couple more. This one is titled "Nikki, Rose, and Vince dump the dead body".  No date given, but I'm pretty sure it's from very late in 1979, right before the show expanded to an hour.  There is a cast listing in the credits, but it's not the full cast, only the cast appearing in this episode.

YRfan23 - the other one I watched was Danny and Cricket's wedding... recap coming soon

Please register in order to view this content

Here's my summary:

Derek at the Chancellor mansion - he has a flashback to his conversation with Jill, where he tells Jill that her plan to have him sleep with Katherine backfired.  Jill says she is worse off than he is - stuck living at home with her mother, unsure if Liz will kick her out. Derek asks her - do you want me to stop pretending I want to be married to Katherine?

Derek then has another flashback, to his conversation in the mansion with Katherine, in which he asks her to burn the audiotape. He says - if she will burn the tape, it will prove he trusts her.  Katherine says she does trust him - but that she's keeping the tape. It's a symbol to her, of her love and trust.

Leslie asks Jonas if he is satisfied with the type of music she is playing. He said sure. She is annoyed that he isn't more communicative. Jonas says she is more lively since he told her to dye her hair blonde. She says she doesn't feel like a blonde. He calls her "Chris". She can't remember anything about her past. But she likes the "new woman" Jonas is molding her into.

Lucas with Vanessa and Casey. Lucas can't believe Leslie called Vanessa. Vanessa said Leslie called to reassure Lucas, that she's all right, and to say how much she misses Lucas.  Vanessa walks out. Lucas is mad that Leslie didn't say when she's coming home or where she is, and doesnt think his marriage has much hope. Casey thinks Lucas is too fatalistic. 

Rose pulls up with her car outside the hotel employee entrance.  Nikki and Vince carry the "john" out to the car. Nikki wants to go home but Rose pulls her in. They drive off.

Derek and Jill at dinner. He tells her that their last meeting was audiotaped. He doesn't know who taped them... it wasn't Katherine, but Katherine does have the tape (but hasn't listened to it). Derek's plan is to make a new tape, and replace it with the first tape. She is skeptical but needs her help. She agrees. Derek almost knocks over a water glass (don't think that was in the script

Nikki and Vince in backseat with corpse, Rose driving. Rose has the heat blasting to keep the corpse warm, so cops can't figure out the time of death. Rose tells Nikki this is all her fault.  They dump the corpse in an alley (this is filmed on location).  Car pulls away. A young man walks up to the corpse and steals his wallet. Right then, cops pulls up and chase the young man. END.

Cast:

Derek Thurston: Joe LaDue

Kay Chancellor: Jeanne Cooper

Jill Foster: Brenda Dickson

Leslie Brooks Prentiss: Victoria Mallory

Jonas: Jerry Lacy

Lucas Prentiss: Tom Ligon

Vanessa Prentiss: KT Stevens

Dr. Casey Reed: Roberta Leighton

Vince Holliday: Alex Rebar

Rose DeVille: Darlene Conley

Nikki Reed Foster: Melody Thomas