Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks! that was very interesting to watch, and I agree I would love to see those full episodes if they are available.

You can definitely see the major transition for the show between the two clips....the first one talking more about Leslie, Lorie, Lance etc....and the second on most of the Abbotts, Danny, Patty etc...

I thought the Victor's dungeon line was hilarious, as was the comment about Danny and Patty and the "litttle Romalottis" 

• Members

I laughed at the last letter which basically said she wanted Jack to be fun and bad and that perfect Danny and Patty could go be boring together. I guess it shows you how popular Jack was becoming by this period. And when she said she liked when Ashley busted "Jackie's" balls - one of those relationships that isn't the same without Terry, sadly.

• Members

The thing with Terry Lester was, I had no idea what he was like as a person outside of the character he played.

His grasp of Jack, the many shades and flaws of Jack, meant that his command of the character was total. Added to that was his chemistry opposite everybody he played, especially women (and yes, I know that it was speculated that TL was gay, but that didn't stop Jack from looking like he was slowly undressing every non-family-related woman that crossed his path with his eyes). I never felt like Terry Lester was playing himself, I could tell that Jack Abbott was probably different from who he was IRL. But it was clear to me that his acting was so natural and spot-on that it didn't look like acting at all; Terry Lester breathed Jack Abbott.

Edited by Cat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey guys! Finally got some new episodes to post! These are from July 1990!

Please register in order to view this content

Some episodes are in two parts because YT decided to get rid of that editing system where you edit videos that are broken up together...

7/24/90 (Part 1) 

Part 2

7/25/90

7/26/90 (Partial Episode) 

7/27/90 Part 1

Part 2

7/30/90