DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

DeeeDee   

That was a big part of it.

He was also very ageist toward Y&R's actresses which is why there was so many unnecessary casting decisions during the latter part of his run.

YRfan23   
1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

That was a big part of it.

He was also very ageist toward Y&R's actresses which is why there was so many unnecessary casting decisions during the latter part of his run.

The later stuff being the early 2000s before he left, or when he came back in 2004-2007ish?

Edited by YRfan23

kalbir   

Maybe it's me, but I've always gotten the feeling that it was H. Wesley Kenney that laid all the groundwork for Y&R's rise to #1 but Ed Scott ended up getting all the credit. 

Jerry675   
49 minutes ago, kalbir said:

Maybe it's me, but I've always gotten the feeling that it was H. Wesley Kenney that laid all the groundwork for Y&R's rise to #1 but Ed Scott ended up getting all the credit. 

Ed Scott also surrounded himself with the creme de la creme of producers... Kathy Foster, Nancy Wiard, David Shaughnessy. 

SoapDope   

Y&R discussion 1982 with brief clip at end. He jumps around throughout talking about Y&R and reading fan mail from viewers.

Edited by SoapDope

DRW50   

"Can you imagine Victor's son? He'll probably look like a little baboon." 

Whoever cast Josh Morrow must have been watching this.

SoapDope   
10 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

:lol:

YRfan23   

Thanks! that was very interesting to watch, and I agree I would love to see those full episodes if they are available.

You can definitely see the major transition for the show between the two clips....the first one talking more about Leslie, Lorie, Lance etc....and the second on most of the Abbotts, Danny, Patty etc...

I thought the Victor's dungeon line was hilarious, as was the comment about Danny and Patty and the "litttle Romalottis" 

SoapDope   
12 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Thanks! that was very interesting to watch, and I agree I would love to see those full episodes if they are available.

You can definitely see the major transition for the show between the two clips....the first one talking more about Leslie, Lorie, Lance etc....and the second on most of the Abbotts, Danny, Patty etc...

I thought the Victor's dungeon line was hilarious, as was the comment about Danny and Patty and the "litttle Romalottis" 

Yes you can see the transition. I emailed the uploader to see if he had the full episodes of this and Y&R.

Here is another clip circa 1982 of John Gibson who played Cash on Y&R.

DRW50   
On 9/13/2017 at 0:32 AM, YRfan23 said:

I laughed at the last letter which basically said she wanted Jack to be fun and bad and that perfect Danny and Patty could go be boring together. I guess it shows you how popular Jack was becoming by this period. And when she said she liked when Ashley busted "Jackie's" balls - one of those relationships that isn't the same without Terry, sadly.

SoapDope   
8 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I laughed at the last letter which basically said she wanted Jack to be fun and bad and that perfect Danny and Patty could go be boring together. I guess it shows you how popular Jack was becoming by this period. And when she said she liked when Ashley busted "Jackie's" balls - one of those relationships that isn't the same without Terry, sadly.

I know. Terry was awesome in the role. Jack became neutered with PB. 

Cat   
On 13/09/2017 at 4:45 AM, DRW50 said:

lol and here he is in his natural habitat

Image result for josh morrow gifs

Edited by Cat

Cat   

I know. Terry was awesome in the role. Jack became neutered with PB. 

The thing with Terry Lester was, I had no idea what he was like as a person outside of the character he played.

His grasp of Jack, the many shades and flaws of Jack, meant that his command of the character was total. Added to that was his chemistry opposite everybody he played, especially women (and yes, I know that it was speculated that TL was gay, but that didn't stop Jack from looking like he was slowly undressing every non-family-related woman that crossed his path with his eyes). I never felt like Terry Lester was playing himself, I could tell that Jack Abbott was probably different from who he was IRL. But it was clear to me that his acting was so natural and spot-on that it didn't look like acting at all; Terry Lester breathed Jack Abbott.

Edited by Cat