Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

i mean it geared to some good character development as Victoria did grow from the bratty yet vulnerable and frigid daughter of Victor Newman yet to mostly a chip off his block at this point...I did think it was funny how Victoria predicted they would get married by the end of the year, cause that would have actually happen if it wasn't for that phony JOP who "married" Nick and Sharon.

still have yet to see that mysterious editior...I read that Victoria use to refer to her as "bitchy editor" lol.

those praying scenes sound really sweet but I didn't realize how later that was.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for finding & posting that, @YRfan23!

I think there's actually several reasons why scenes start out later:

1) The audience knows more is coming, so they'll stay tuned to possibly catch their favorite characters, stories.

2) It 'refreshes' the episode, already in progress, with something new. The audience gets a little 'surprise.'

3) Might be a formatting thing: All the scenes broken into units, how many are there, how could you put them in order so they rotate?

4) Allows the writer not to stretch out one shorter scene into the whoooole episode, but start it later and have it be more compact.

5) Also, this allows for groups of characters to have full scenes in the first half and then move on to different scenes for the second half. Just look at Christine: Three separate scenes in one episode. The more front heavy an episode is, the longer it'll take to wrap up the first set of scenes and have the characters move on to the next. And with Y&R's traditionally longer scenes, you want those characters with a lot to do to wrap up and move on.

Current soaps tend to shove 6, 7, 8 scenes before the opening or first commercial break in a desperate attempt to let the audience know what they'll be getting today and hoping they will stay. But I've noticed scenes/characters appearing well after the first 10 minutes on a bunch of shows (especially in the 80s) like old SANTA BARBARA, early 80s ONE LIFE TO LIVE, etc.

• Members

Hey guys, so someone on here a while ago was asking for episodes dating back in 2011? This is some of what I have between 2010-present. I have collected every episode since and plan to upload them all, but this what's uploaded for starters. 2014 is the most complete year, but some episodes were blocked due to copyright.

2010: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2e3F3G2q7Jrn67xMS0_74nWbn5TIRVa_

2011: 

2012: 

2013: 

2014: 

2015: 

2016:

2017: 

• Members

Hello everyone new user here!

i just want to say thank you to everyone in here for all of their hard work putting up the retro stuff for everyone to watch. Between the retro episodes and the Crash Bandicoot collection that just dropped on Friday, I've been in nostalgia overload and just want to give my thanks to you all

• Members

Thanks so much for sharing the 03/09/95 ep @YRfan23 I had even myself forgotten that Steve and Traci had popped up again, I don't remember them at all appearing in '95 as I had thought there was a gap in appearances between '94 and '96. Their material problems seem so minuscule compared to what Ashley was dealing with at the time lol.  In hindsight I wonder why Steve and Traci never had/nor was given a kid of their own. This past Christmas it broke my heart when Traci was excited to see Billy's kids for Christmas yet in a perfect world we'd see Traci with her own grandkids, the offspring of J.T. and Colleen of course. 

Actually it was notorious of characters appearing in and out within an episode during this time period. A few years ago from the summer of '95 I remember one ep made it before being taken it had something bizarrely in reverse; Jack, Jill and Brad all appeared in the first half of the episode but did not even appear in the second half!!

BTW it of course featured my favorite of the 1993-1995 opening sets, the Lauren open. Too many divas in one opening of course! 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

No problem!

Please register in order to view this content

again it's a shame that not much of 1995 is posted but I'm glad this one turned up.

I always wondered if Traci/Steve still appeared throughout the end of 1994 if only in small spirts, since I assume the initial  Lauren/Brad/Traci saga ended by Summer 1994.....but I guess John's latest stroke here would bring her back to town....I remember seeing her and Nick interact in a rare scene from 1996 when he was trying to get info about Brad when he was about to marry Nikki.....that was interesting.
It's just sad seeing Little Colleen always knowing what's to come later...

I think I missed that episode you mentioned....again 1995 shows are so few and far between, I feel like we have to keep waiting for more to be posted. haha.

Edited by YRfan23