Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for posting.

So that day, the stories were

Traci/Steve/Brad

Sharon/Nick

Paul/Chris/Danny/Phyllis

Cole/Victoria

After setting up three of those, halfway through Nikki and Cole pop up and then Victoria.

This often happened and I guess it was to liven things up so that if viewers were getting a little bored something different happens to keep them tuned in?

There was no reason that Cole and Nikki could not have appeared earlier.

• Members

No problem!

Please register in order to view this content

always love finding "new rare" episodes especially from 1995.

Y&R was the only soap that did that if I recall? had characters appear halfway, or even further along without any warning.....I always think it's kind of a cool and different tack but yeah I wonder why they did it like that.....in some ways I love being surprised just in case someone I really want to see comes on, but it's definitely different....nowadays they just stick to the whoever you see before the first commercial is the cast for today, but at the same time I feel like SSM is trying to bring it back to where she will have different characters show up for the third or fourth segment...or at least I'm noticing that more....

• Members

@YRfan23 thank you for finding that. I watched the whole thing and got a lot of flashbacks to that time period. Phyllis became so tiresome in later years that sometimes I forget what a breath of fresh air she was back then, especially since Christine was a long-established saint by this time and Danny was a prissy, self-satisfied prick. That moment where you see the pleasantries drop as she sourly says "bitch" after leaving the office is a classic - that perfect queasy blend of camp and bile and cold malice of early Phyllis.

I don't remember this Joni. How long did she last? She seems a bit golly gee for the part - like one of Brooke's pointless sisters on B&B. She also looks like Florencia Lozano from OLTL.

Nikki was insufferable at this time - I think this was also when we never saw her leave the ranch for years. A lot of fun though, especially her bitching session with Victoria about Sharon. I had to laugh at her asking Cole's advice about Nick and Sharon even though he had nothing to do with it and nothing of value to offer, as he told her himself. At the time I thought she was just sniffing around hoping he might give her a good time. 

I always liked Traci but sometimes I forget just how fickle and defensive she could be. Steve was a boring man but no one who filled out a pair of jeans the way he did would put up with that behavior for long. 

Josh Morrow looked so young then. He really grew into his looks by the end of the decade. In that sense it was good casting. I wish he'd grown a bit more in talent...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thanks!

Please register in order to view this content

I'm glad I found this as there is still not a lot from 1995 posted...I wish I had more to offer from that year... I did ask the uploader if he had more.

i always say it's amazing how enjoyable Phyllis is in these old episodes, and how innocent Nick and Sharon are, as I still think those are the 3 that became the most insufferable to me in recent years (or at least Nick and Phyllis have to me which has more to do with Morrow and at the time Stafford)...it's like it's kind of hard to watch at the same time even though this was when the writing was the best...but I agree I howled at Phyllis's "bitch" line when she walked out...it was fun seeing Danny get on her case about not knowing about the Christening too.

This Traci/Steve stuff is pretty rare...I forget sometimes she came back for a bit here...I didn't know Alana Masterson was still playing Colleen at this point either...

i wonder how much longer Brad/Nikki begins? It seems like both characters were biding there time, before entering each other's orbits....I agree Nikki still looks like she wants Cole, and for some reason I didn't know if they even had anymore one on one scenes after they initially called it off and he married Victoria.....I did like the little throwaway awkward reminder that they were once involved too...

Victoria seems actually more insufferable then Nikki at this point...she seemed to be transitioning to the snobby bitch she could be, married to Cole and flirting with Ryan and Brad on the side.

• Members

Victoria was mostly written as an aimless bitch in these years. It seemed to take Heather Tom leaving and returning to kick the story into another gear. It seemed like months on end of her bitching about Cole's book editor. I do remember one odd but moving scene around Christmas 1996 where she asked Cole to teach her how to pray. 

I think that Nikki/Brad started sometime in summer 1995. 

The other thing I noticed in this episode was that arch Bill Bell style dialogue that always stopped some of the more elite critics from enjoying Y&R. You can really feel it in the Phyllis/Joni scenes (there's a weird and hilarious bit where she refers to Christine as Danny's "ex-lady"). The padded out conversation where Paul is SHOCKED that Christine and the police think someone deliberately ran him over is also amusing.