Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I saw a clip on youtube from a few years ago where the cast was being interviewed at Paley. Roberta stood up in the audience and asked MTS why doesn't Nikki call her sister. MTS was surprised and glad to see her. So I assume they might be friendly again. Roberta looks a bit different from her Y&R days. If she would return to the show that would be great, if not they could do a recast. I suggest someone like Lindsay Wagner (she's in my profile pic with Lee Majors) who is an excellent dramatic actress and has that smokey/husky voice like Roberta.

d96ddb739458518

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's a lot like what modern soaps tried and failed to do with new music...it holds up much better than a lot of background music of that era, which tries too hard. They never should have gotten rid of it. 

I never do remember when Matt left. Maybe this was setting up Nikki's "dying" story? 

• Members

@AMARIB91 Thank you so much for posting those videos, they've brought back some great memories. Billy and Mac were the first soap couple I chose to like (I liked Tad and Dixie first but I was very young and the show basically told me I had to like them).

I find myself more invested in the outcome of these stories that I've already seen than anything I've watched on a soap in years.

Y&R used to be unafraid to not have main characters onscreen at all times. They would have 2nd/3rd/4th tier characters share long scenes without this needless rush to get back to Victor or Nikki or Jack or whoever. John Silva and Larry Wharton had two long uninterrupted scenes in one of the episodes you shared, they both helped to fill the hour and moved the plot along. You'd never see that today. No, instead we need to Billy and Victoria every single day doing nothing.

I've always been impressed by the casting of AshBash as Beau Kazer's daughter, he wasn't even on the show at the time but they seemed to go out of their way to cast someone that looks like him.

What a great scene. I so wish the show would acknowledge BK's passing, but they'd really need to bring Mac back for that and I doubt they'll ever do that.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I've watched up to June 12th so far. I'm loving these episodes!

Paul and Isabella had some hot chemistry. Way more interesting than boring Christine. 

How many women have Malcolm and Neil shared? It's got to be at least 3 lol. That's a bit ridiculous. I really like Alex though, I wonder what happened to her.

Billy and Mac had the perfect recipe for a future supercouple. I can't believe the show didn't follow that romance more. Jill was so unlikable here. I really can't stand her. 

Why did Ashley have such an issue with Colleen coming to stay with her and Brad? I didn't really quite catch that. She was explaining it a bit to Jack but I still didn't really understand. 

Larry is creepy. I don't really understand why Nick and Nikki were so willing to help this guy. I guess I'll find out more as I watch though.

Thanks again for these amazing episodes!

• Members

Four. 

Abby being a newborn, she had just gotten settled with her ideal family, the complications of Brad bonding with Colleen and the potential of lingering feelings between Traci & Brad all contributed to her discomfort.

Larry is really sweet. He made a ton of mistakes but he made a genuine effort (with a big assist from The Newmans) to turn his life around.

• Members

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually read Brenda Dickson's memoir?

I already know it will not be a literary masterpiece, LOL, but I am wondering if it is worth getting. I was a major fan of Y&R during the 1970s and early 1980s, so the gossip might intrigue me.

• Members

From Miss Dickson's website

This book takes you through my life in Hollywood from the age of 17. How I was first discovered as Miss California. It covers my home life, with my parents as a young girl as well as my love affairs with some of the most powerful men in Hollywood. This story is funny, sexy, hot and full of drama. This book is a movie. No one could have dreamed up the bigger than life characters and story.  But it is real!  It tells you what happened to Brenda Dickson’s “Jill Abbott”.  There is a romantic interest in almost every chapter. These are men you all know and love … they are famous, powerful and sexy. There are pictures of the people I worked with prior to “The Young and Restless” and until now. The book has fabulous and stunning Hollywood color photographs taken by top photographers throughout my career, including my bestselling posters and glamorous, over the top, head and fashion shots, and the gowns I wore and parties I attended in Europe. It also covers my multi-million dollar lifestyle with my two husbands.

Brenda-Dickson-age-19-1k.jpg?resize=239%

Me with the teddy bear at age 19, starring the play,”Send me no Flowers” with Francis Fisher(Titanic.) and star of Hogan’s Heroes, Bob Crane.

It describes in detail the “Blacklisting” in Hollywood by Producer, William J. Bell, (the breach of contract and illegal firing), and the $11 million dollar fixed trial.  (How all my trials where fixed)  It tells how the “Mafia” cartel judges and attorneys were enlisted to launder $15.5 million, my one-half of my two divorce settlements, and how they ruined my multi-million career and left me homeless, TWICE! Why they kept me out of Hollywood because I brought in more ratings than the entire show!

Some of the story is about the behind the scenes games the producers created on the set of “The Young and the Restless”.  The set was subjected to Bill Bell keeping an actress who came to work drunk, had blackouts and burst into manic fits of rage.  This actor needed professional help.  Bill Bell’s storylines about an alcoholic, who was struggling with an addiction, were derived from her real life!  So real!!!  The problem was… it wasn’t acting and it wasn’t good writing and, as a result, the ratings dropped lower and lower.

Brenda-Dickson-Miss-california-age17-1k.

Me at age 17, as miss california. I met congressman Barry Goldwater Jr. and fell in love.

It is a shocking story of power, greed and the tactics used to get ownership of the show and how all the actors dealt with it.  How harassment tactics were used to drive talented actors out of their roles to make room for “Nepotism City”.  It addresses the sexual harassment and the cunning way Bill Bell got hold of me at a young age.

My internet film, “Welcome to My Home”, which I directed, wrote and produced after I left the show, was taken off the internet in an illegal copyright claim by Sony Pictures (the Bells) in 2009.  In a short period of time it garnered 3 million viewers, and had they not taken it down it would have had more viewers than the entire show and was subsequently taken down illegally!!!  And they knew it!  The Bell Family thought they owned me!  News Flash!  This wasn’t Nazi Germany, or was it?

My Lovers, relationships with Mike Nader, (Dex Dexter on Dynasty and Dimitri Marrick on All My Children). Richard Thomas (while filming The Walton’s).  Ernest Thompson, we dated when he wrote the Academy Award winning picture On Golden Pond; The famous upscale clothing retailer, Fredy Segal, now a publicly traded company.  Congressman Barry Goldwater, Jr., my first real love.  It describes my two ex-husbands, who were directly connected to Bill Bell and how they kept me out of Hollywood.

For those of you who watch “The Young and the Restless”, you will discover what really went on behind the scenes.  It’s all in this book, including the on the set love affairs.

The Bill Bell Hype Train is about to crash and the truth is about to come out! Fasten your seatbelts, as you ride with me on the “Bell Family Roller Coaster”.