VH1: Mob Wives

Sylph

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just going to ask, so how does this "work" for her when it seems like the reality show "failures" are the ones who don't bring the drama? rolleyes.gif I think that's great that she's just an entertaining, OTT personality with a good heart who knows who she is. Very Felicia Gallant.

• Members

The reality show failures are the ones who don't bring an interesting personality to the table. You can tell when someone on a show has run out of steam, they have to start drama to make themselves interesting. That's all the drama is, a cover for a bland, boring, shitty personality.

Big Ang is a total winner. Entertaining, over the top, warm and authentic. The real deal.

• Members

If the way they look in those well-lit confessionals is any indication, I think Ramona and Carla were hot as hell in their day. Don't get me wrong, they are still very attractive, but they look like tanning beds and hard living have taken a toll. Drita is similarly attractive.

And not for nothing, but Carla oddly reminds me of Christel khalil. ph34r.png

• Members

Thanks Cheap for posting the Big Ang interview. Love that she brought her BFF, Renee's aunt, to the taping. Love that she did not lie either about her age or her plastic surgery. Love how she qualifies her husband as an Irish sanitation worker. However, that wig she was wearing was in-sane, and for all the wrong reasons. Big Ang looks much better with no bangs and her hair pulled back from her face, like in her early VTs. JMO. DaytimeFan touched on what makes her such a hit, and that is that she is authentically larger than life. Renee is less OTT this season but this has made her more authentic to me than less. I really like her.

Renee seems to be the only one who smokes openly, but I assumed Big Ang's voice was from the ciggies, and possibly Drita's too (although I tend to think its depth and scratchy quality is probably more the fact that Albanian is her first language -- many Slavs tend to have that deep vocal quality). Ramona has had something done to her face with her forehead and eyebrows, and it scares me, frankly.

BTW, the smoking thing is the bane of my life. On/off/on again. Currently I am on again and have no excuse for it except that I crave it in the evenings. I don't touch the stuff during the day, but after dinner, around 9.30pm, there I am on my balcony, working my lighter, feeling both ashamed and relieved. Like I've programmed my brain to get headaches if I don't have a cigarette at night! It is crazy, and I need to "de-program" myself again because otherwise I am going to end up in an early grave -- and looking terrible in the open casket! How have you weaned yourself off it, SFK? Patches? Gum? Common sense?

• Members

Unfortunately Cat, I still struggle myself. I had a mini smoking bender these past few days. I told myself, last night was IT. No more. I'm just like you, I do not smoke all day. My trigger is alcohol in the evening. If I have like two drinks, it's straight to the gas station for the smokes. I guess I'll have to learn to curb that or give up drinking too, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. Whenever I have smoked in the day or when not drinking, I usually felt nervous and ill at ease because the common sense that always got me to quit for doing something stupid was in full effect. The last few times I've bought packs, I switched to a lighter brand, not that they're even called "lights" anymore, and I ended up smoking more! So that's no good. I'd only allow myself to smoke like half the cigarette, but I'm at the point now where even one cigarette is too many. Just not worth it!

They reran the Big Ang interview on Wendy Williams yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I love that shot of the Dance Mom ripping that post-it off the wall -- and it's Big Ang doing her hacking smoker's laugh! :lol:

Dear lord, I love the Mob Wives, I really do, but this show completely exhausts me. Drita and Big Ang are made of win, and I love when Drita does her Albanian accent ("Here, I have pliers"). But Ramona Rizzo has been a broken record for the past 5 episodes. This bitch is all crazy talk and thinks she's hot stuff because her grandfather got put in the can by Donnie Brasco. And now --whiplash!-- Renee is off her meds and turns against Drita in a hot instant? WTF? Also, she's so obsessed with JooNyuh and that has to stop because it is boring. Karen is still a total shark. Amazingly, Carla is coming off as the one smart, sane chick (Big Ang excepted).

I need to go lie down now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We finally see Carla's husband. As much as I don't like convicted felons, Carla's husband seemed like a nice man. He went down for a stock/finance crime, not exactly murder, so I shouldn't be so surprised. Really, I kind of think they should just get back together, leave Staten Island and have a nice life somewhere new and start over. That's how I'd write it if this was a mini-series.

Renee is going to lose her damn mind in the next episode. Her screaming in her kitchen....my word, she becomes unhinged.

Archived