Sylph

VH1: Mob Wives

Sylph   
<span style="font-size:120%;"> The Weinstein Co. and Ben Silverman's Electus have sold a reality show called Mob Wives to VH1. The network has picked up a 10-episode, straight to series commitment, with production slated to begin after Thanksgiving. It will tentatively premiere in March 2011.

Mob Wives will follow four struggling women as they attempt to get their lives together as their husband or fathers do time in prison for mob-related activities.

Jennifer Graziano of JustJenn Productions created the series and will serve as executive producer. JustJenn Productions and TWC have crated an exclusive deal to create scripted and reality programming.

Graziano knew some of the women and invested some money into making a video about them. The reel eventually made its way to Weinstein, who then showed it to Silverman, who was struck by their stories.

"They were balancing all the issues of being a mom, a sister, a daughter, a friend, but they were also inside another world," Silverman said. "TV is driven by characters. That's what makes The Office work, that's what makes American Idol work and that's what makes The Simpsons work. And when you find great characters in reality, you get galvanized."

The women even joined the producers in the pitch meetings with networks and channels.

Weinstein and Silverman are hoping the show launches a franchise and, in Silverman's words, becomes a "cultural conversation starter."

The Hollywood Reporter</span>

Edited by Sylph

SFK   

Can't these bitches get whacked for this?

:lol: EXACTLY! But Sylph's on the right track, no woman truly connected to the mob and in her right mind would risk such unless a. there's some fiction involved here, or most likely b. the mob's got a racket on this series too. :lol:

Edited by SFK

This sounds like a bad GH spinoff.

PROMO:

Mob Wives....Brenda, Carly and Sam take New York! Watch out Gotti family, the Corinthos bitches are here to play!

Anyone watch the premiere? I have it on my DVR ready to go, but not sure I want to invest in another show (VH1 at that) unless it's really good. The premiere had solid ratings though - 2.2 million, which is VH1's highest for reality since the fun, trashy days of Flava Flav/New York (or so I read).

tina m   

I just watched the premiere episode: pretty solid. It's definitely worth watching a second episode - I expect a lot of violence and drama between these women.

Cheap21   

I didn't watch it yet...But man do I wish New York would have another show. It's TIME.

WOW, I just realized you were talking about the Flavor of Love chick. She's so irrelevant these days, that I originally thought you meant you wanted another show based in NY

WOW, I just realized you were talking about the Flavor of Love chick. She's so irrelevant these days, that I originally thought you meant you wanted another show based in NY

LOL. I love her. New York Goes to Hollywood and New York Goes to Work were my favorites.