The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

7A was so tiresome and drawn-out at parts but that wonderful scene with Rick and Michonne in the finale and then Rick and Daryl hugging (which made me cry) almost made up for it. There were huge problems (mostly Negan or way too little Carol) but, along the way, some things like the unexpected Tara episode which I ended up liking a lot, Rosita being clearer and more interesting to me, Carl's nightmare episode with Negan, and the improvement of Negan and JDM coming into his own, did provide some good stuff. 

But, boy did they screw themselves over with this first half. I wonder if the ratings will ever recover. They need to do MUCH better with Negan.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What a pleasant surprise 7B has been so far (2 episodes in)! They really jumped right into the action. I am not one to geek out over the zombie stuff usually, but Rick & Michonne mowing down the herd with the cars felt like such a classic TWD scene and the spiked walker Rick fought was literally the coolest. I found the scavengers so amazingly fascinating and Jadis, such a tough role that's easy to get wrong, was portrayed wonderfully. And then they turn around and hit me RIGHT in the feels with Daryl and Carol reuniting and Daryl not telling her about Abraham and Glenn. Melissa McBride once again delivering a powerhouse performance (Norman Reedus not far behind either!).

• Members

They've made it a habit to rotate doing focus episodes on each character in the ensemble throughout each season for the last 4 years. I don't see why this is some shocking new development every time it happens.

• Members

The first two of 7B have been excellent so far. 7A was, often, a drag indeed. I do like a lot of the more self-contained episodes but would not really mind if they (mostly) disappeared with the rare one every now and then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Richard showed his true colors when he told Darryl his plan to lead the saviors to Carol.  As soon as Benjamin said that he met a girl, that was it for him.   Morgan's rage and breakdown was a long time coming, and it did not disappoint.  Just glad to see Carol is back to herself...ready to fight. She has been missed!

• Members

The Rick/Michonne episode was so, so beautiful. Funny, sweet, sad, sexy, exciting, just everything. How wonderful these two are together. And I did like Tara struggling with what to do regarding Oceanside, and how the stuff with Rosita stuff led to a nice ending that's bound to fυck everything up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...