Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm really looking forward to the premier.  They've done a pretty good job of keeping the secret.  I'm sure some spoiler site has the info, but I haven't gone looking and I've managed to stay in the dark.  I just hope it's not Maggie, even though I'm still pissed at her and Glenn for making themselves vulnerable with a pregnancy.

I've given up on Fear The Walking Dead. I wanted to like it for the actors, but I just don't.  What really brought it home for me is that I don't care about any of the reunions between the characters. On the original I always care when members of the group find each other. On the new one, it couldn't matter less to me.

• Members

Yeah, I know the gore of this show appeals to some people, but for me it's always been about the relationships. One thing this show did really well is find a group of actors that really gels. I believe they care about each other. Watching one of them brutally beaten to death while the other's watch isn't high on my list of must sees. 

• Members

I gave up Fear The Walking Dead early in season 2.   There was barely any walking dead, and they just assumed I cared about these characters.   The first seasons of the original show were zombie heavy.  Zombies were the hook to get you to watch the characters.   Fear decided that they didn't need many zombies and their characters were just all fascinating.  I disagreed.

As to who dies here.   If it is Abraham or Eugene I think it will be a jump the shark moment for the show similar to the way on Dynasty only Ali McGraw died at the massacre.   To warrant a 5 month cliffhanger they better kill someone major.   Glen is the obvious suspect but that seems like trying to go to the well one time too many after that nonsense fake death last year.   Maggie I think it would be too cruel to bash a pregnant woman's skull in.  I just don't see that happening.    Daryl I doubt they would ever kill since he is the face of the show.  Carl and Rick no way.  Not really sure who that leaves.   It's probably Abraham because he has no function and they spent so much time out of nowhere showing how he fell in love with whatever her name is.   Now they can kill him and people are around to mope and care.    I guess they could kill Michonne since anyone who loves Rick must die, but she is a popular character too and really works well on the show.   The gay guy?  I don't even remember his name so is that someone worth killing?   Is the priest with them, because he is someone who I truly don't need to see anymore.

• Members

Aaron is the gay man's name. I can't remember if the priest is with them. I also can't remember where Enid was at the end of the season.  Michonne would definitely be a shock. I can't see her going out that way.  I'm going to be really surprised if Maggie's baby makes it into the world alive, but that doesn't mean she has to die in the opening.

• Members

I liked Aaron, he spoke in full sentences and had command over conjugation, he didn't sound like a hick, and he was a nice guy.   Of course the show barely uses him.  I really think it will be Abraham.   I have watched too many soaps to not recognize the bad writing signs:  Character with no purpose, no story, and little screentime suddenly gets a love interest, story and screen time:  here comes death.

The 2 hour recap show was ok.   They brought back the actors who played Andrea, T Dog, Herschel, The Governor, Deanna, and I think maybe Noah too, possibly Beth, Sam's mother,  the head cannibal,  and maybe even Andrea's sister for a second.   The guy who got his leg bit I think was on for a second.    Can't remember if they brought Lori back, but definitely Shane did not participate, nor did Dale or Merle.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

Oh, I have no idea who Ezekiel is but the idea of a pet tiger seems silly, and comic booky in a bad way.  Everything up til now was realistic except for the weird factor that there are zombies.   No one had super powers or magic (except Glenn able to escape death) and you could almost believe that if that world existed this is what it would look like.  Pet tigers?   Not so much, and the image released for the tiger is awful and doesn't look real at all.

I guess this raises a mundane point:   Where are everyone's dogs and cats?   There are no zombie dogs and cats roaming around and you would think somewhere someone they have run into would have had a dog.    Nobody has a pet dog but the first person they run into with a pet has a tiger?