DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading the Soaps of Yesterday Tumblr and Jon-Michael Reed's tone is brutal!

Poor Susan Hayes was the brunt of this joke.

image.png

Edited by j swift

I love Susan, but there have been several musical numbers on the show over the years that confirmed her lack of vocal prowess.

Since this show is getting more and more Horton less. If you had the freedom to bring back three Horton family members back. Who would they be? 

3 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Since this show is getting more and more Horton less. If you had the freedom to bring back three Horton family members back. Who would they be? 

Marie Horton!

Tommy Horton!

Mike Horton! 

and if possible Sandy Horton (daughter of Tommy) and Melissa Horton...

problem is.. they don't really have a reason for returning to Salem... Tom and Alice are long gone. Bill, Mickey and Addie are gone. I bet Tommy Horton is dead too.. so why would Marie for instance return to her hometown? 

So sad but I don't believe DOOL will survive past 2025

3 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Marie, to play that matriarchal role

and

Nathan and Jeremy. There's plenty of story left for both of those characters.

Completely switching subjects but I was watching early Jarlena stuff (1986) and Josh Taylor and Deidre Hall actually have decent chemistry as Chris and Marlena.  I wonder why they have always had 0 as Roman and Marlena. It's not like JT really plays Roman differently than Chris.  

53 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Completely switching subjects but I was watching early Jarlena stuff (1986) and Josh Taylor and Deidre Hall actually have decent chemistry as Chris and Marlena.  I wonder why they have always had 0 as Roman and Marlena. It's not like JT really plays Roman differently than Chris.  

Age, I guess, in combination of Deidre and Drake just being comfortable at this point playing off each other that they might just not allow themselves to have chemistry with other actors.

3 minutes ago, te. said:

Age, I guess, in combination of Deidre and Drake just being comfortable at this point playing off each other that they might just not allow themselves to have chemistry with other actors.

I am not sure that's it. I don't think Dee/Drake got into that comfort zone until the 2000's.  They do have great chemistry from the jump though.  Good casting, although Drake looks a lot younger than Marlena/Roman in 1986, but by like 1995 Deidre almost looks younger than him so whatever?  I don't think they didn't allow themselves to not have chemistry with others (DH was pretty good with Kate), but I think Deidre did lose chem with Wayne in his return.

Today's Contract News from 1983 is brought to you by the OBC of Cats, taken in by Wayne Northrup and Lynn Herring:

-- Suzanne Rogers is staying, thanks to more money and a renewed storyline (eh, not so much on that second part)

-- Michael Leon is going from a two-week role to a long-term contract as Pete

-- Gloria Loring's also staying (and to her credit, she did get a hot storyline with the jailbreak and Liz getting amnesia)

-- After some delay, Deidre Hall is staying (I wonder if Marlena otherwise would have been a Salem Slasher victim)

51 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Web capture_22-2-2021_132736_twitter.com.jpg

As much as he drove a lot of drama later on, I REALLY wish this one would've stuck.