• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Woah, I said in the prime time soap thread that I finally got my VHS tapes from my parents and just found a tape with an Aremid episode - Austin promises to be there for Sami during her pregnancy (RIP Will), Carrie confides in Marlena that Sami went to the abortion clinic, Stefano has amnesia and Jennifer is saved from a smoke-filled house by Jack (Mark Valley) and look, there's Peter. Why on earth haven't he made a (recasted) comeback?

Remember when we thought these episodes were low-budget? It basically looks like a Hollywood production  now...

Edited by te.

• Members

Speaking of Mark Valley, he is featured in the current FX series Feud: Bette & Joan. He plays Gary Merrill, the one-time husband of Bette Davis (Susan Sarandon).

It's been nearly 20 (!!) years since he left DAYS. When the announcement was made in mid-1997 that he would be leaving the show, I didn't imagine he would have the career he has now. Mainstream audiences may not know his name, but they know his face and voice. My sister was so disappointed when he left DAYS (and the part was dreadfully and woefully miscast with Steve Wilder...what were they thinking???)...she had such a crush on him!