DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

That was the entire contract cast when the show went to an hour. Mary Frann & Joe Gallison were upped to contract status that day (April 21, 1975). By the end of the year (1975), they also added Robert Clary, Margaret Mason, Jed Allan, Richard Guthrie, Brooke Bundy, Adrienne LaRussa, Susan Oliver and Patty Weaver to the contract cast.

Susan Flannery decided not to stay with the show once it went to an hour, but she stayed on a few weeks until May 27.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Those are great. Kind of funny since I don't think Marlena got her old life back for several years.

I like the fake covers. Considering how confusing some of the paternities are with Kate's kids they could have just said they weren't hers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These are some photos taken at Frances Reid's home when she threw a party to welcome Mike Farrell (Scott Banning) to the show. I'm guessing this was around 1970. In the back left to right are Denise Alexander (Susan Martin), Susan Seaforth (Julie Olson Banning), Susan Flannery (Laura Horton, and Frances. In front are Regina Gleason (Kitty Horton) and Heather North (Sandy Horton).

Susanpoolparty2.jpgSusanFrancesDenise2.jpg

IMG_3606.jpgSusanMike2.jpg

SusanSusanDeniseFrances.jpgSusanSusanDenise.jpg

• Members

I don't think Mike was on for very long, maybe a year or so. He was playing Scott when Julie & Scott were married early in 1970. Susan Seaforth Hayes mentioned in her book that Mike left because he was frustrated with playing such a dull character. And Scott was dull, no matter who was playing him. That's one of the reasons it was understandable for Julie to start her affair with Doug!

Edited by jam6242