DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

From the February 12, 1994 Soap Opera Magazine (SOM Publishing Inc).

12-20-2010124613AM2.jpg

12-20-2010124613AM3.jpg

The caption that was cut off says:

Louise Sorel: "The smoke and the smell was the worst part of the fire scenes for me. And the physical fighting. But emotionally, by a long shot, the previous scene in the operating room, being prepared for brain surgery was far more emotionally upsetting to me. Having my head in the restrains was terrible!" And that skin-head look. Yikes!

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great articles! Particularly interested in the set design article. Marlena's penthouse was one of the few sets in any soap that had a decent staircase and upper level. Some of those 'mansions' on soaps that have those tiny,spindly looking staircases that barely rise above ground level always bug me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the new article! Some of the comments from Mrs. Corday about the cuts sound like the comments from her son when he made his cuts.

The Leslie James character was one of my favorite pairings for Chris Kositchek. I forget what happened to her. I had a big crush on Stephen Brooks. I had liked him in a show in the 70s called "The Interns." I think he quit show business again when he left Days. He was only in his 50s when he died.

• Members

Thanks for reading. I don't know very much about Leslie (I don't think Josh Taylor mentioned her when he mentioned his leading ladies as Chris) or about Cassie Burns. Was Cassie a minor character?

I imagine people at the time must have felt a little patronized if they'd read this, especially since most of the new characters didn't seem to work out. But Mrs. Corday seems to be less condescending than most of today's soap producers.

That's sad about Stephen Brooks. I didn't know he'd passed away. I was hoping they might have brought Jean Bruce Scott back when Nick was on the show.

I didn't know Liz was a villain when she started out.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Cassie has me drawing a blank! I guess Leslie wasn't a major character, but I always liked her. A coworker of mine remembers seeing her and liking her too. Of course, I was just happy to see Chris get away from Mary Anderson! I couldn't stand her.

I don't remember Liz being a villain exactly. She did have an affair with Don Craig while he was married to Marlena. Also, Tony put her up to spying on Doug & Julie. The Dimera's wanted Doug's Place because of the tunnels connecting the club with the Dimeras' previous mansion. I remember something about everyone thinking there were titanium deposits in the tunnel. Doug & Julie were investigating Stefano themselves.

I was hoping Jean Bruce Scott would come back too, especially when I thought they were giving Nick a multiple personality disorder.

I forgot to mention, Christopher Stone, who replaced Edward Mallory as Bill Horton, also starred in "The Interns" with Stephen Brooks.

Edited by jam6242