DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I find it funny that people always say something along the lines of, "Marlena got possessed and started levitating" (likely because it's one of the most memorable things about the storyline), but the actual levitation didn't happen until at least 6 months after the start of the story and was part of the climax/finale. 

There is an episode where Marlena is growling as the exorcism begins and it's genuinely scary/creepy. But Caroline's armchair rocking/scaring her was hilarious, and it wasn't meant to be. 

Peck is starting to develop some really hot chemistry with Clarke. When he kisses her, you half-expect him to rip off her clothes and take her right there LOL

It's good to see Sami back.

I love when Billie and Austin talk about their past; it really works.

Funny how Peter spoke of Aremid and going there with Jennifer the next day for a trip. It's been 2 days (in show's universe) since then, and no mention of it.... Guess Reilly either just wanted to introduce it or came up with something else he'd rather do first.

Edited by YRBB

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone recall Evan Wyland, because I have questions?  I know he returned from Hawaii in 1982 with his fiance Sandy Horton and then he has surgery and dies,  How long was he gone?  Did he leave because of Stuart?  Was he complicit with his father?  Why did Stefano and Tony strong arm Stuart out of his house and out of Salem?   Any more information would be appreciated.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Evan left in March 1982 and returned in July. He left town after losing custody of Sarah to Mickey and Maggie. He was not complicit with Stuart. It was heavily implied that after Stefano shopped Stuart to the police over his dirty dealings, he had him killed in prison.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Thanks @Bright Eyes , I finally found the summary online.  It seems that when Evan came back to Salem with Sandy everyone wondered why he would come back to town given the Sarah debacle.  However, Evan had inherited documents from his father that proved Stefano's guilt as part of "the syndicate."   Never one to miss an opportunity, Evan blackmailed Stefano for a million dollars.  In return, Stefano caused a car accident in which Evan was fatally injured.  He had to have Sandy as his surgeon, and Alex Marshall changed medical files, so Evan was exposed to penicillin, which caused a deadly reaction.  Also, here's a twist of which I was unaware - Neil switched his sperm sample for Stuart's because he didn't want Maggie to have Stuart's kid, and Evan was lying the whole time that Sarah was his daughter.  I knew Neil switched the samples, but I was completely unaware of the Stuart twist.      It is so odd to think that Liz, Maggie, and Marie were younger during that story than Jennifer and Hope are today.  I guess it was that I experienced them as a kid, but they seemed so much more mature.

• Members

@victoria foxton -   total retcon, that reeks of a change in writers - Evan came to Salem to be involved in Neil's IVF program with his wife who died in car crash, so how Stuart's specimen got into Neil's lab strains credulity. 

In 1991, Sarah was in a minor accident, and Neil admitted the switch to Maggie, and to explain his reasoning, (because it was very unethical and Maggie should have sued him rather than slept with him) he told her the tale about Stuart's sperm.  Also, interesting that Neil would feel such guilt over Sarah's minor accident, but later felt no compunction about leaving her behind when he went out to a mail a letter, never to return.

Edited by j swift

• Members

So annoying when writers take the time to revisit the past and then make a mess of it.

They were looking for something to keep Neil, Mickey and Maggie in the story as a nod to vet viewers without introducing new characters or major plot thrusts.

I think Corday said at the time that the story wouldn't be front burner but those three wouldn't just be 'hanging around Wings' (the meeting place of that time.)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Today I learned that Robyn, (ex-wife of Mike Horton and mother of Jeremy Horton), was the niece of Robert LeClare (ex-host at Doug's Place and father to Dougie/Charles).  I had totally forgotten that Robert returned as part of Robyn's entry story (his son was in a French boarding school at the time of his visit to Salem).

Which bar hosted Tom Horton's beat poetry?

Edited by j swift

• Members

To be fair, it was one of the first things (levitating). She first levitated on Christmas Eve 1994. The show ended on that note and picked up the next episode with her still levitating. She didn't do it again until around May when they all walked in on her doing it (haha, that sounds funny) - John, Kristen, Stefano, Tony... right after John found Kristen on the rooftop of the penthouse building. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I nearly lost it when Austin, who has been trying to get Carrie back, walks into her apartment and just takes his shirt off.

Please register in order to view this content

Like, "You can't possibly deny me now! Just look at the muscles!" He then grabs her face and puts it on his humongous peck under the guise of having Carrie "listen to his heart" saying I love you. OMG. 

Edited by YRBB