YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

K i have to agree with both of u. I think Meghan is awful she tries too hard, shes cold and she doesnt have chemistry with the women. ABC made the wrong choice. Jed was absolutely perfect as she was pitbull hardcore independant thinker and she had dynamic chemistry with those 4 women. Ratings were also up for a reason. Honestly while i thought it was dull with just the 4 women they have chemistry. Anyone missing Jed? Jed was perfect.

I think.ABC will keep Meghan for long haul. They love her and she is younger too. I do remember Nicolle was stiff though in her first few months at View it took her time to get used to format. 

Edited by JONNYSBRO

• Members

ABC's THE VIEW averaged 2.844 million Total Viewers, 514,000 Women 25-54 and 362,000 Women 18-49 during the week of October 9, 2017, based on Live + Same Day Data from Nielsen Media Research. "The View" led CBS' "The Talk" (2.459 million, 372,000 and 247,000, respectively) during the week in Total Viewers (+385,000), Women 25-54 (+142,000) and Women 18-49 (+115,000).

"The View" increased its advantages over CBS' "The Talk" week to week in all key target demos: Total Viewers (385,000 vs. 208,000), Women 25-54 (142,000 vs. 131,000) and Women 18-49 (115,000 vs. 73,000).

On Monday (10/9/17), on the premiere telecast with new co-host Meghan McCain, "The View" drew 3.061 million viewers to stand as the show's 2nd most watched telecast in 7 months - since 3/14/17, behind only the telecast featuring guest Hilary Clinton (9/13/17).

"The View" improved on the previous week (2.698 million, 510,000 and 336,000, respectively, for w/o 10/2/17) in Total Viewers (+5%), Women 25-54 (+1%) and Women 18-49 (+8%), seeing its largest overall audience in 7 months - since w/o 3/13/17.

"The View" posted gains on the same week last year (2.684 million, 480,000 and 356,000, respectively, for w/o 10/3/16) in all key target demos Total Viewers (+6%), Women 25-54 (+7%) and Women 18-49 (+2%)

Season to date, "The View" leads CBS' "The Talk" across the board, substantially increasing its advantages from the same point last season: Total Viewers (322,000 vs. 60,000), Women 25-54 (133,000 vs. 4,000) and Women 18-49 (94,000 vs. 26,000). In fact, "The View" is posting its largest season leads over the CBSprogram in 5 years - since the 2012-13 season.

In addition, "The View" is improving compared to the same point last season in Total Viewers (+2% - 2.804 million vs. 2.744 million) and Women 25-54 (+1% - 517,000 vs. 510,000), posting its strongest numbers in 3 years - since the 2014-15 season. 

Week of October 9, 2017:

PROGRAM AVERAGES TOTAL VIEWERS WOMEN 25-54(000)/Rtg WOMEN 18-49(000)/Rtg 
ABC's "THE VIEW" 2,844,000 514,000/0.8 362,000/0.6
CBS' "THE TALK" 2,459,000 372,000/0.6 247,000/0.4

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewers, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49 Live + SD, 2016-17 Week #3 (w/o 10/9/17), Previous Week (w/o 10/2/17) and Year-Ago Week #3 (w/o 10/3/16). Season-to-Date through 3 Weeks: Most Current: 2017-2018 Season (9/25 - 10/15/17) and 2016-2017 Season (9/19 - 10/9/16). Averages based 

Interesting as it seems Meghan is a hit with viewers. The View is doing fantastic. These are the highest ratings since premiere week and biggest lead they have had on Talk in 5 years. I will say i think Meghan is much better this week she seems more relaxed IMO.

• Members

I remember a few years ago the Talk was beating the View. Obviously the show no longer has cancellation talks. ABC has wanted Meghan for years. She was offered it back in 2014 and declined. I know i really miss Jed pitbull smart critiques and she had better chemistry with the ladies. They wanted Meghan because shes higher profile, younger, she is a Housewives superfan and shes a Republican.

• Members

Well I was watching The View on occasion  during it's re-broadcast at night after not having watched for years. I'm done. Meghan McCain sad to say is a disaster. She's stiff and comes across as being very uncomfortable and forced. She doesn't even come across at believing half the stuff that comes out of her mouth.

Maybe she needs the Fox bubble where everyone nods along with her to be effective like a Megyn Kelly obviously needed, but she doesn't even feel like she wants to be there. And worst of all there is zero chemistry with any of the ladies. I felt after watching yesterday Sunny of all people was really trying to bring her into the conversation deliberately. Sarah has been trying constantly by pivoting to things she knows might help McCain to engage like her father. None of it has worked. And this constant blatant reminder that "we may disagree on many things but we come together on" just seems like an attempt to remind the audience that McCain is some uppity conservative.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I think Whoopi, Sara, Joy and Sunny have chemistry and it was great with Jed. Jed was a no nonsense pitbull but i loved how she took an issue and broke it down..plus she was fun at times especially when Luke Perry surprised. Meghan is just nasty, mean, cold and she doesnt engage well the 4. It feels almost uncomfortable to watch. She was downright rude to that congresswoman and was really rude today again. Its crazy ABC changed something that worked so well based on focus groups and Jed asking Hilary tough questions that were great.

• Members

The View feels so old-fashioned to me. Like it is representing old-time politics circa 2005, the usual Dems vs Reps. But it is not business as usual. The two-party set-up has fractured. Really, there should be at least four parties, or representative voices, on this panel. The Dems are torn by factional infighting between the Bernie Sanders lot and the Democrat establishment as exemplified by Hilary Clinton. The Republicans, meanwhile, have almost entirely sold their soul to the evangelical Christians and mega business, trying to reconcile the tax-cuts Reps with the Trumpians, who are much more hands-on/interventionist than the classic Republican would ever usually tolerate. And then we have the Libertarians, which consist of a few tax-cuts/no government ex-Republican voters and is a growing political voice out there. In some ways, Jedediah Bila's inclusion was a nod to these wider fractures, as I would class her a mostly Libertarian voice. I am a Democrat-leaning female voter (who lives outside the US but still pays taxes and votes in elections), I voted for HRC, but I found Bila's departure murky in the extreme. She asked two mildly pressing questions after Hilary had had a cosy chat with everybody else, and it almost seems like TPTB punished her for it. If that's the case, then we must assume TPTB are beholden to the Democrat establishment in some way. And the fact that Megan McCain is now representing the Republican voice when her father and her are NOT toeing the Republican line, the Trump line, makes her defense of his presidency sounds like dialogue she memorised two minutes before walking on set.

Just as Fox News feels like a mouthpiece for the current White House, deliberately burying stories or misleading its viewers, so too has a show like The View become ossified in its Democratic establishment voice. It does not feel like it is representative of swathes of US society, with a multitude of differing opinions, ideas and yes ideologies (as scary as I find that last word). It feels like it is just pretending that we are still in this two-party system where Democrat represents one broad view and Republicans another. Maybe it's just me who feels this way. As a voter upset with the election of Trump, I have a lot of questions about what is going on in the world right now, in the US. I don't always find these questions discussed on The View, however, and I am pretty sure some Rep-leaning people I know would feel the same way.

Maybe these questions are just too far beyond the remit of a panel of 'women' (because we know how TV and the media feels about women in general!) who have been instructed to keep things simple and at a certain low level of discussion.

Wow, I wrote too much. Sorry for the rant.

Edited by Cat