The View

YRBB

• Members

ABC's "The View" averaged 2.785 million Total Viewers, 522,000 Women 25-54 and 398,000 Women 18-49 during the week of September 11, 2017, based on Live + Same Day Data from Nielsen Media Research. "The View" led CBS' "The Talk" (2.496 million, 364,000 and 248,000, respectively) during the week in Total Viewers (+289,000), Women 25-54 (+188,000) and Women 18-49 (+150,000).

For the 2nd week in a row, "The View" improved on the previous week (511,000 and 375,000, respectively, for w/o 9/4/17), hitting a 6-month high in Women 25-54 (+8%) and an 8-month best in Women 18-49 (+6%) - since weeks of 3/13/17 and 1/30/17, respectively.
"The View" delivered across-the-board increases year to year (2.661 million, 496,000 and 365,000, respectively, on w/o 9/12/16): Total Viewers (+5%), Women 25-54 (+11%) and Women 18-49 (+9%).

On Wednesday (9/13/17) with guest Hillary Clinton, "The View" scored its top telecast in Total Viewers (3.180 million), Women 25-54 (621,000) and Women 18-49 (426,000) in 6 months - since 3/14/17.

Wow so Hilarys big interview got almost 3.2 million..so Jeds tough questioning must have brought viewers in. This is the Views second top week and they easily beat the Talk. Why axe Jed? She was awesome tv ratings.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So Jedidiah was also responsible for Rachel Maddows highest ratings and Anderson Coopers. It certainly could not have been who THEY ADVERTISED was going to appear that day. I like Bila but GMAB. She asked a couple of tougher questions(fair) but she didn't savage Clinton as people are assuming good grief.

• Members

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4907884/Jedediah-Bila-blindsided-furious-View-exit.html

Wow ABC didnt even have courtesy to let her know ABC was replacing her. She found out through a friend who works at CNN. Apparently ABC said she had lowest focus groups they had seen. They felt she wasnt a true conservative because she was a libertarian. They also have wanted Meghan McCain for years. Shes younger, more high profile. What do u all think of McCain being new co host

• Members

Young? Bila is 38 years old, hardly ancient. And I am sorry McCain is not a reasonable voice like Bila was. And the libertarian label is such a cop out. I think she probably scored lower with one focus group "Trump Voters" because she dared to not kiss his ass and called him out on areas that should be non partisan. I wonder if her criticism of Mike Huckabee ruffled some conservatives feathers, but it was in response to his scathing criticism of his appearance.

I wonder if Whoopi is upset over this move.  They have had fabulous ratings and the group has good chemistry. It could be she was angry over this move. How do any of us know if McCain will even gel with the rest of the group?

• Members

I think it waa highly disrespectful to Bila the way they constructed her exit. Meghan has been on the View she was good. The ratings and chemistry with Bila were best in years. I hope another network picks up Bila. I loved how she challenged them. They said that ABC didnt like she didnt talk about her persobal life enough or show her lighter side 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I miss Jed.

Clearly they fired Jed for Meghan. I doubt it had anything truly to do with "focus groups" (or they wouldn't have brought her back this season in the beginning).

I liked the dynamic they had. Not sold on Meghan. Whoopi seems to like her though from what it seemed today. They clearly want more Joy/Elisabeth bitchfests with Meghan filling that role. I don't know that I need that again. They got rid of Elisabeth and later Joy because it got so tired.

• Members

I don't care for Meghan McCain either. If I had my way, they would've brought back Nicole out of all the Conservatives that did this show. 

I didn't mind Jed either even though she waffled on many of her issues. Meghan is gonna annoy me to no end, and I see her vs. Sunny/Joy very soon. Especially, when John McCain and the other GOP candidates f-ck up on legislature. Trust and believe that my girls (Sunny/Joy) are gonna call Meghan to the carpet as she's the face of "conservatism" on the show now, and that she has a direct connection to Capitol Hill. 

• Members

Well lets give Meghan a chance it was her first day. I really do miss Jed though i thought she had a great dynamic with the ladies. Jed was so smart and imo she broke down issues in a way. I will say she made me a little more conserv on issues i was more left on. I thought she was the only one that had balls to ask Hilary tough questions. I have a feeling we will see Jed somewhere else soon.

• Members

I enjoyed Jed. She fit in well. I'm already annoyed by Meghan and it's day two (and she already looks out of place and uncomfortable). I was watching daily but now I may not anymore. Shame. Jed and Nicolle were great but I can totally see why they'd rather go with Meghan but I think it was a mistake for non-conservative viewers. She'll draw in the conservatives as she's more right than Nicolle and Jed were and they have that audience they want to appeal to, which I get.

When Joy was talking about Trump's Access Hollywood tape Meghan tried to bring up Bill Clinton and Joy shut her down by saying 'Trump's the president now' or something like that. EXACTLY. I'm so tired of both sides saying "well this person was worse so that makes this OK".  Hillary, Barack and Bill are not president. Trump is. I don't care what anyone else did. They aren't running my country.

Edited by KMan101