YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was OK. I'm glad Joy is back but I don't see how this group of women are going to recapture the magic that the show once had. Michelle tries too hard. Raven is brain dead. Cameron is ignorant. Paula is nonexistent. Whoopi and Joy might as well do the show alone. 

The show needs to end next season-it's 20th season. 

• Members

I only watched long enough to see Whoopi and Joy joke about the new host mugs.  (They don't have any pictures on 'em in case more co-hosts are fired.). It was okay but the panel is not as esteemed as it once was.  You could just tell Michelle, Raven and the other one do not have their [!@#$%^&*] together at all.

• Members

As usual, I cannot provide a link to the article -- but right now, on Entertainment Weekly online (ew.com), there is a story regarding "The Talk"'s Julie Chen and certain comments she made on Howard Stern's radio show.  According to this story, Chen (who was appearing on Stern with Sharon Osbourne) and Barbara Walters attended the same public event recently; and at this conference or whatever, Baba floated the idea of returning to "The View" in order to salvage it.  And according to Chen, pretty much every woman there told her not to do it, that "The View" was a sinking ship (her words) and that going back would do harm to Baba's public image and reputation.

Now, I'm sure Chen has her own agendas in expressing these sentiments.  Yet, on the OTHER hand, I can't help but agree with her.  I think the risks of returning to "The View" now would be too high, and the rewards too few.  Even if someone at ABC were to perform one of the greatest miracles ever and bring back not just Joy and maybe Baba but Meredith, Star, Lisa Ling, Elisabitch or any combinations thereof, I feel like the daytime talk landscape has changed so much in so short a period of time.  Any work performed now might extend the show's life a year or two, but I don't think it'll be enough in the long run.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I cringed when she opened her mouth.  Overall, though the show wasn't bad.  Behar and Whoopi have that longstanding rapport, which kept the show moving along. MC went for cheap shots, while the others on the panel were making the case for both sides of the Davis coin.  Raven Symone comes off foolish, and her facial expressions belong back on Disney.  CCB was noticeably absent during this particular "hot topic", and thankfully won't be on as much while she's filming Fuller House.

Thank you Joy.  Since we don't have Nicolle Wallace anymore, Behar's lively discussion with Elizabeth Warren was a great segment.  I'm not a very politically minded person(though I'm far from ignorant on the subject, I have just grown up in a family that talked WAY too much politics , so I tend to keep opinions to myself), I enjoyed the segment, and actually learned a few things I wasn't aware of.

All in all, I wouldn't be surprised if MC's face doesn't make it on the Xmas mug!!

• Members

It was only the first day but I don't see this panel being able to gel. Joy is Joy which is great, but Whoopi is checked out waiting for her contract to be up, Michelle is unfunny and redundant with Joy back, Raven seems even more lost without Nicole and Rosie P to help her clear out her ignorant thoughts and the Paula woman is no Meredith Vieira. They don't have time to wait for someone to learn how to let their hair down and relax. I don't understand why they even hired Candace either if she's going to be gone for three months? Waste of a chair and now they're going to have to wait even longer for the ladies to find a groove together.

I'll say it again, they should have kept Nicole, especially with election season underway. The key to a successful talk show is consistency and making viewers comfortable with a knowledge of exactly what to expect when they tune in. Unfortunately once again ABC has failed to cast the show toward a way to solidify that. I truly don't see this making it past season 20.

• Members

It escapes me how Barbara, or anyone else for that matter, thinks that her return would save the show.  Were people watching for Barbara?  I could hardly wait for her to kick dust.

How do the ratings compare between The View, The Talk, The Real, and Wendy Williams?