• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So Elizabeth was a guest and lost her shyte cause in that new book about the View, Rosie Admitted that she had a crush on EH. EH actually said she had to pray on the news and felt objectified. Sit your ass downm EH, this is no MeToo moment and your treading the waters of homophobia with your comments

Edited by John

• Members

Just   another reason why no one misses Hassel-bitch. I'm not defending Rosie either, she did make broad assumptions about girls that play sports, and sounded pervy. Neither of them are around anymore for good reason. 

I miss Nicole Wallace and Jed. 

Meghan, (not a fan here of hers by any means) has handled herself  with a lot of class the last couple of weeks.  If that were my father being denigrated, I don't think I could handle it like she has. Still wish she'd leave, though----

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've read most of the excerpts and interviews for Ramin Setoodeh's Ladies who Punch and I am surprised that original View producer Bill Geddie seems to be getting a pass versus Barbara Walters.  I recall Rosie saying on her radio show that Geddie was a conservative who fed reports to Elizabeth to repeat on air.  However, in today's Jenny McCarthy show the focus was on what a bum deal he got when he was fired.

I watched this week because I have been reading all the excerpts and I was struck by the insincerity of Abby Huntsman.   I get the sense from many of these "neo-cons" who are not political scientists, or ideologues, and whose doctrinaire seems so narrow, are being provocative in order to gain a media presence.  There seems to be no logical reason or educational basis for her conservatism.  It feels as if it is just shocking to hear an attractive woman say things that aren't in her best interest, including her right to privacy with her doctor.  Ann Coulter has spawned a cult of blonde women who will say awful things just to be on TV, which to me undermines their credibility.  As a test, I dare anyone to find an actual woman in her mid-20s who feels that constitutional originalism is a virtue. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Elisabeth was shrill and OTT on the view, but listen to that clip people. Are you not entertained? The View was entertaining as hell in the mid-late 2000s. I miss that era. Such a daily trainwreck. 

I wouldn’t put her in the same league as Ann Coulter. Ann would never have a meltdown like that. She’d do her boisterous laugh and make a cunning, pithy, response while smirking and rolling her eyes. In fact, she did when she got into it with Barbara around this same era.

• Members

Abby and Meghan are children of conservative politicians and of extreme privilege so they’ve been steeped in a worldview since birth, although I agree Abby at least comes across as insincere in her convictions. I just don’t buy her. At all.

I couldn’t stand Elisabeth, and most of the time I even appreciated when Barbara would check her. Barbara has always been imperious, and I imagine as a pioneering woman in TV news she suffered a great deal. But her behavior in that audio clip as well as throughout much of her tenure on The View showed a real ugly side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...