The View

YRBB

• Members

Just random and rather late: The View opening is hilarious. Whoopi holding out the bouquet; Sara’s little coquettish hand wave with the lonely rolling chair in the background; Joy’s TA-DAH! pose; Sunny’s painful-looking rope climb; and Meghan opening her mouth so wide you can see what she had for breakfast. It’s like the director asked them to make the stupidest gestures they could think of, and that’s what they used.

I know it’s been used for ages, but it always strikes me as funny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They have two solid liberals in Sunny and Joy. Whoopi seems a bit more centrist at times, but she definitely skews left. Of course, there are times when Sunny and Joy disagree, and Sunny can take an occasional by-the-book legal perspective, but Meghan is the only conservative at the table. I like her more than most people, but it’s such a heavy burden for her to carry to be the sole Republican on the panel IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Abby is smart and poised, but she doesn’t feel as relatable and “authentic” as the other women. Maybe it’ll come with time, maybe it won’t. I just get the sense she’s not speaking in a direct or personal way, like she’s holding back.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I agree with this. I'm not sold yet. I don't dislike her, but it was one episode and I have no familiarity with her otherwise. Feels like a more perky but brunette Elisabeth. Elisabeth at least had some quirky charm at times.

I don't *hate* Meghan, but sometimes she plays the victim and often is sensitive and takes things not meant to be taken a certain way, a certain way. I'm very hot and cold with her. lol. Sometimes I like what she has to say. Other times her attitude is a turn off. But my heart breaks for her right now. She does seem like a good person with a good head on her shoulders. It's usually not about politics for me with her. Often she's not even explaining *her* view, she's explaining her parties. I think the problem with Meghan and the co-hosts is not great communication and not truly listening to what the other is saying before having a reaction.

She just takes things the wrong way. And sometimes they take her wrong because often times she isn't even explaining her own personal view but I think they take it as such. Anyone else notice this and that it seems to be the cause of them sometimes not understanding each other?

At least neither Meghan or Abby are onboard Trump's crazytown train. I think Abby tries to be more diplomatic though, lol.

I'm glad to see Joy took at least a one episode breather from her Trump rants. I'm usually right there with her but she needed to calm down a little. The stress wasn't good for her 

Please register in order to view this content

Anyone else think Whoopi couldn't have been less interested in Abby? I imagine Meghan pushed for her friend and Whoopi is close with Meghan ... not that I mind more balance there. It could certainly be far worse than Meghan/Abby  when you think about it. 

I can't get over them. I still miss Nicolle and Jed. And I already miss Sara's presence. I get why she left the View for GMA Day, but why is Strahan still dominating the original GMA? I actually like him, but they push him so much.

Edited by KMan101

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Meghan can be very annoying, but at least she is honest about how she feels and mixes it up with the women. Abby has been snoozeworthy! She has such thin arguments and opinions when it comes to politics and I feel she says something and they just quickly move on. She’s irrelevant. The only time she perks up is when they talk pop culture stuff. I highly doubt she’ll last the entire season. I’m curious to see how she’ll act with Megan on.